Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Looking ahead

tlg1903

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riordan for all his ability as got some serious issues with nediness he needs to sort out first. Doesn't pull his weight for the team and the boy has some serious issues. Falling out with Strachan and being banned from every club in Edinburgh highlights this.

Dons know it wasn’t good enough

but fraser defends stadium plan and rejects claim that club is out of touch with supporters

By Paul Third

Published: 18/05/2011

Aberdeen chief executive Duncan Fraser insists the club is determined to give supporters success on and off the field after admitting the season just finished was not acceptable.

The Dons finished in ninth place in the SPL for the second successive year and Fraser admits no one at Pittodrie is happy with results on the field. But he believes that, with the support of the board, Craig Brown can deliver improvement.

The club’s directors insist Pittodrie is no longer fit for purpose and that the need to move to a new stadium at Loirston on the outskirts of the city is urgent. But Fraser insisted that the club is not neglecting team affairs in favour of the stadium.

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2270810#ixzz1MhIo3Qx0

I also read that we had Youl Mawene on trial last week? Apparently played under brown at PNE.

Now be careful not to get crushed in the stampede for season tickets, but the exciting news for all dons fans (from yesterday's EE).....

I'll get the best out of Mackie

Says Craig Broon.  Hold me back.

Fuck sakes, that would have been fantastic.  >:(

I know!

Another injury prone player to clog up the treatment room  ::)

Yes Anderson was good, better than Diamond and Considine, but Seve was far better, and I'm sure we can do better than go back in time to a player who was IMHO idolised way beyond his actual contribution.

Puts on tin hat

I'll counter that, who do you realistically think we can sign? I've read a few boards where people were even saying they didn't want to resign smith. What the fuck? We deserved to finish in the position we finished. We're unattractive as a club with the fans turning their backs, I genuinely wouldn't want to go to a club like that if i was a player. Anderson would have been a coup for us, and I don't expect to see the club signing anyone of his or Seve's calibre anytime soon. Call it negative, but I call it being realistic.

I know!

Another injury prone player to clog up the treatment room  ::)

Yes Anderson was good, better than Diamond and Considine, but Seve was far better, and I'm sure we can do better than go back in time to a player who was IMHO idolised way beyond his actual contribution.

Absolute bollocks.  Did you see Seve play in his last two years?