Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

FAO Glasgow & Central Scotland Dons

Mods: Apologies for another topic on Reds Stars, just want to get the message across about the need for new players. Hope you don't mind. Thanks.

As you may know, Red Stars is an Aberdeen supporters team based in Glasgow but with members from as far a field as Ayrshire, Dunblane, Stirling and Edinburgh.

We’re currently looking at moving into the official Scottish Supporters League which will be a step up in terms of organisation of our current league. 

If we are accepted into this league, we will be facing teams from the Old Firm, Hearts, Falkirk, Motherwell amongst others from the Central Belt, and this is your chance to represent Aberdeen.

We are currently looking for players from across the Glasgow area, Central and Ayrshire to join the club.  This will give you the chance to represent the Dons, meet other Dons fans in the area, join our AFC registered Supporters Club and of course improve your fitness and football skills with regular training sessions (usually Thursday evenings) and league matches (Sunday afternoons).

As I mentioned earlier, we have lads involved from all over the Central Belt taking in Edinburgh, Stirling and Ayrshire amongst others, so please do not feel you are too far away for getting involved.  Even if you don’t want to play in the matches, you are more than welcome to come along to training sessions.

So, if you are interested or know of anyone who would be interested, please just drop us a note at clubfutbolaberdeen@gmail.com for the attention of Stuart or Greg.

Many thanks and Stand Free

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update on this:

We have been accepted into the Official Scottish Supporters Football League and our league season starts on 14 August. In our division there are teams from St Mirren, Airdrie, Partick Thistle, Dumbarton, Stirling Albion and Hamilton.

The draw for the Inter Division Cup tournament saw us grouped with Kerrydale Celtic, 10m Rangers and Dumbarton.

We are currently sitting with a squad of 20 but we’re expecting to complete a couple of signings over the next two weeks. 

However, we are still on the look out for another goalkeeper, so if you fancy joining us or know someone who would, please get in touch with us.

Pre-season training starts on the 13th of July.

Cheers

Cheers Mizer.

I also meant to add that we have secured sponsorship for the coming season from The Rock (pub) in the West End.

Part of the deal is that we watch televised Dons matches in there when we can, so if anyone is ever in Glasgow and the Dons are on TV, get yourselves along to The Rock!

Cheers Mizer.

I also meant to add that we have secured sponsorship for the coming season from The Rock (pub) in the West End.

Part of the deal is that we watch televised Dons matches in there when we can, so if anyone is ever in Glasgow and the Dons are on TV, get yourselves along to The Rock!

Just looked it up, alternative boozer for Ibrox via the water taxi!  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

We're still looking to take in another couple of players if possible.  We're two sessions into our pre-season training and it's going very well.

If you'd like to get involved, please email clubfutbolaberdeen@gmail.com for the attention of Greg or Stuart.  Red Stars are going to win the league... you really do want to be involved in this, it's going to be mega.

COME ON YE REDS!!!

I'm not very young but I'm committed and I'm mental and I will get totally committed after busting my balls for your cause.

Ony chunce o a contribution for petrol money for the games and I promise to train when you do? I can even set up a webcam to prove I'm nae skiving?

Email the address there Rocket, and we'll take it from there.  What position do you play?

Weve got the huns and the tims in the cup, are you up for the fight or are you all mouth..?

Email the address there Rocket, and we'll take it from there.  What position do you play?

Weve got the huns and the tims in the cup, are you up for the fight or are you all mouth..?

Sorry. All mouth. I'll be 49 next week. My fitba days are well gone. If there's any crowd violence anticipated and you need support, that'll be the maximum for my role.

Sorry. All mouth. I'll be 49 next week. My fitba days are well gone. If there's any crowd violence anticipated and you need support, that'll be the maximum for my role.

Crowd violence is always welcomed no matter the age.

The lads are well fired for the huns game.  They're a wonderful group of lads but I can name the player right now who will be sent off against the huns....

The Rock's not a bad pub and we're badly in need of a replacement for Hubbards, that in itself is a turn up for the books!

When I last visited Glasgow in January, it seemed like there was another boozer open (I think). That not the case then? In my final year I think it changed hands 3 times and was overrun by pikeys and they became even less dons friendly :(

When I last visited Glasgow in January, it seemed like there was another boozer open (I think). That not the case then? In my final year I think it changed hands 3 times and was overrun by pikeys and they became even less dons friendly :(

It's now the Wise Monkey which has a lot of live music on, so probably not ideal for being "our" pub.

Aye, and Cooper's across the road is pretty hopeless too.

Was never a fan of that place. As I was at the art school, after the original hubbards shut down I always ended up going to the Sports Bar, but thats closed too. Are they trying to purge us from Glasgow!  :hammer:

Still, the rock wasn't a bad boozer, will try and pop in next time i'm up for a game.  :thumbsup:

Was never a fan of that place. As I was at the art school, after the original hubbards shut down I always ended up going to the Sports Bar, but thats closed too. Are they trying to purge us from Glasgow!  :hammer:

The Sports Bar was a fucking hellhole.  Was closed soon after a full scale riot involving pool cues and balls.  It won't be missed. Last time I was in there I had a bizarre conversation with Alan Brazil, of all people, but that's another story for another time.

Still, the rock wasn't a bad boozer, will try and pop in next time i'm up for a game.  :thumbsup:

Good man!

Rock's a decent boozer and doesn't seem to have been claimed by either side of the OF divide so is usually a fairly relaxed place to watch the football, although it does get pretty busy.

Bit out the way for me but will try and pop along if I'm not at the game.

:thumbsup:

I was about to remind you this is where you went after the Ross County cup tie...didn't think you'd remember... :wave:

It's not too pricey, has benches outside for the sunshine and is in an area surrounded by flats housing fit young students.

It's a good pub, nothing fancy but it more than does the job and they've been very generous with their offer. So, we want to drum up some business for them when the Dons are on.

It's also got a good beer garden  :thumbsup:

Bob,

what's the script for the Tims game August 7th and the 12.15 kick off? Are you guys getting in early to catch KO?

I am in Glasgow that weekend for a wedding and might be able to catch the game before the wedding starts.

Bob,

what's the script for the Tims game August 7th and the 12.15 kick off? Are you guys getting in early to catch KO?

I am in Glasgow that weekend for a wedding and might be able to catch the game before the wedding starts.

I'll check over the weekend mate and get back to you.  I didn't actually realise it was a 12.15 k.o until today, I'm sure I'll be in at some point on Saturday or Sunday and I'll be sure to ask.

• 3 months later...

Folks,

Red Stars have a couple of squad positions to fill and we're looking specifically for a goalkeeper and striker, however all positions will be considered.  Anyone interested in playing for Glasgow's Dons supporters, should contact Greg at clubfutbolaberdeen@gmail.com to arrange to come along to training for a trial. 

There are 3 spaces in the squad to be filled.  we are currently just 2 points off top spot in our league, the Scottish Supporters Football League.

The team play on Sundays and train Wednesdays in Glasgow, however have players from all over Central Scotland.