Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Vidal

manc_don

Former Manchester City defender Javan Vidal knows that his next move is crucial in fulfilling his potential.

The 22-year-old made just one appearance for City, in last season's Carling Cup defeat by West Brom, but impressed during loan spells at Grimsby, Aberdeen, Derby and Chesterfield.

The highly-rated full-back made six appearances for Chesterfield last season as they clinched the League Two title and he says that choosing the right club will be a tough decision, with interest shown already since leaving Eastlands.

"I've had a few clubs contact me with interest, but the next move is really important for me and it has to be somewhere that can offer me regular first-team football so that I can fulfil my potential and show people what I can do," Vidal told skysports.com.

"I did enjoy my time up there with Aberdeen and did quite well there, so Scotland would be an option, but it is all about the right club that suits me really.

"The next move is definitely important for me so that I can kick-start my career because regular football is a key ingredient in a player improving and developing.

"It would have to be a club with ambition and that is aiming for promotion, irrespective of what division they are in."

I thought he was a tidy player and would certainly welcome him back. Wages and ambition are a huge stumbling block though.

I would have him back... he looked lost a first (probably understandable as he was playing his first senior matches), but I've never seen a player improve as dramatically as he did over the period of just 5 or 6 games!  Looked a cut above our usual standard of cloggers!

Vidal still has age on his side. might just be a classic case of taking a step back to take two forward i.e wage drop but regular football to put himself in the shop window, which is pretty much what he is saying. Would offer him a two year deal, in the hope that he does well and we can punt him for some cash this time next year  ;)

Aye he looked a good player while he was here. Would have him back in no time atal. I think it was the 0-0 draw against Hearts at home which effectively ruled out us being able to clinch third (correct me if wrong) when him and Aluko were playing on the same wing and they were tremendous. A real cut above the rest.

Aye he looked a good player while he was here. Would have him back in no time atal. I think it was the 0-0 draw against Hearts at home which effectively ruled out us being able to clinch third (correct me if wrong) when him and Aluko were playing on the same wing and they were tremendous. A real cut above the rest.

That was only Aluko playing you god damn racists pig.