Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Three More Trialists

BigAl

I loved him and touzani. I was genuinely disappointed when they weren't offered better contracts, touzani especially as I thought at the time of his departure he was playing some great football. Still with de visscher, we had a winger that knew how to play football.

So any news on who they were?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Facebook JDV's status currently says he's going down to Aberdeen training at Aachem.

Quite a lot of 'likes' and people commenting that they'd like him back, to which he replied: "Love to come back but thats not up to me"

I'd certainly welcome him back. Very good player, just a shame he is as slow as a week in jail.

On Facebook JDV's status currently says he's going down to Aberdeen training at Aachem.

Quite a lot of 'likes' and people commenting that they'd like him back, to which he replied: "Love to come back but thats not up to me"

I'd certainly welcome him back. Very good player, just a shame he is as slow as a week in jail.

True dat

still think he would have a field day against a lot of current spl full backs these days

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110703/dons-pre-season-training-camp-day-one-_2212158_2385747

Dons pre season training camp - Day One

The Dons squad travelled out to Holland to their pre-season training camp on Saturday afternoon. After arrived at their excellent accommodation near Arnhem on Saturday evening the players rested up. Today though the manager and Archie put the players through a demanding double session. The guys will be doing doubles almost every day during their weeklong stay.

One of the trialists who Craig told Steven from Northsound about on Saturday, arrived for training today. His name is Thomas Gentner. The 22 year old is a left back or left sided midfielder. The German has previously has spells at Eintracht Frankfurt and TUS Koblenz and is the younger brother of German Internationalist Christian Gentner who is currently playing for VfB Stuttgart.

Decent pedigree. At least we're looking at left backs! Would like to see us get Gunning as well.

My thoughts exactly, though I didn't see much of Gunning last year. I'm starting to feel ever so slightly excited about the upcoming season.

Brown in this morning's Herald:

We'll continue to monitor Arnason, though we have other defenders on our list.  Kari could go straight into the team which is why I hesitate to call him a trialist

:-\  So you can only presume the other guys are better than Arnason, otherwise we'd just sign him? Surely can't be that we can't afford his wages otherwise we wouldn't be playing him in friendlies?

Might be a case of if we sign him we won't be able to afford our top target for the stirker/winger/full back positions. If we miss out on that top target(s) we might be able to put more of the budget towards Arnason, who's position isnt one of our priorities.

From the EE

CRAIG Brown was today fighting to persuade Icelandic international Kari Arnason to sign for Aberdeen FC.

The Aberdeen FCboss admitted hopes of persuading the 28-year-old –  – are just “50-50.”

The former Plymouth Argyle player also has a lucrative contract offer on the table from a club in England.

From the EE

Aye that's about what I expected after Brown's comments. Regardless of what it says about our club, an Icelandic international center half would walk into our team.

These trials and pre-season games are open to being used by players for keeping up fitness and advertising themselves to bigger paying sides elsewhere.

Stv saying Brown is wanting to add a 'flair' striker to the squad. Good luck with that as they are really hard to come by. Sounds good though.

Mentioned that in his article on RedWeb when confirming that Arnason has agreed to sign. I'm quite intrigued as to who it could be?!