Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

First 6 games - how will we do

mizer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Long hard season (much like last) ahead unless the necessary signings are made soon. Folk harping on elsewhere and defending the players are wide of the mark.

Milne, open your wallet ffs.

or... Players, take your fingers out your collective hoop.

The writing was on the wall last week.  Woeful start, and this month could be a bleak one.

or... Players, take your fingers out your collective hoop.

The writing was on the wall last week.  Woeful start, and this month could be a bleak one.

At least last week defensively we looked not too bad - but going on what I listened to and what and the folk I have just spoken to said we were definitely not that today.

At least last week defensively we looked not too bad - but going on what I listened to and what and the folk I have just spoken to said we were definitely not that today.

We looked ok at the back last week as St Johnstone had utterly no intention of winning that match. Even when we went down to 10 men they were still content with a 0-0. 

I will say this, quite a few changes have been made and it will take time for them to settle.  Considine was the only regular from last season in defence today.  Foster needs to man up if hes going to be captain, no comparisons to be made at the mo between him and hartley or anderson.  Took anderson at least a season before he grew into the role

I will say this, quite a few changes have been made and it will take time for them to settle.  Considine was the only regular from last season in defence today.  Foster needs to man up if hes going to be captain, no comparisons to be made at the mo between him and hartley or anderson.  Took anderson at least a season before he grew into the role

Pretty poor excuse. St Mirren made the same number of changes and seemed to have no problem palying well.

As Jute says, it didnt take them long to settle so why should it take us long to settle?

Ok, it took Anderson a season to grow into his role... massive difference though... Anderson was a quality player. Foster.... not so much.

Brown's excuses after the game were fucking woeful. Injuries cost us etc... fuck off. Is that it? we get 3 injuries and we surrender to St Mirren?

This is going to be a painful season.

I understand where your coming from bb but hartley was already an established leader to be fair.  Anderson as you say took time, he played cb though and im cynical on a wide player being captain.  I dispute surrendering though, there was plenty fight in the team, st m were just better.  As we have discussed before there is no attacking guile in the side. I've not heard broons comments so cant comment but i do (maybe optimistically) think the back line needs time to gel. That said the lack of creativity in comparison to st m was painfull

Obviously I didn't see the game, but commentary was saying Hasselbaink pretty much dictated terms throughout the entire match. Anyone else confirm? If so, I'm shocked he only managed to get a move from Hamilton to Helen Mirren in the summer

Him and their 10 (McGowan?) bossed it.

• 4 weeks later...