Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Feeling Optimistic For 2011/12?

BigAl

Can I make a case for politcal asylum from AFC-Chat please? Its all gloom and doom there before a ball has even been kicked in anger!

If I have to return, I fear I may get threated in relation to my grammar & spelling and may be outcast do to be generally happy persona!

We see this every year, are people really so fuckign stupid that they can't see that pre-season reflects almost nothing of the season to come.

Its like watching moths at a light bulb. Honeslty

Z3550959-Moths_around_a_light_bulb-thumb-3508x2753-745961-ab17f158e0e2b1148714df8889f48210-250x250-75-crop.jpg

Dzzz...ouch still hot.....dzzz..ouch still hot

fuck all of them I am damned optimistic !

this will be the year we romp up the table stuff Rangers and Celtic and finally at long last get the silverware we deserve !  :thumbsup:

Come on you reds! :ultras:

p.s i a mostly drinking Konyagi this week to celebrate my birthday

We see this every year, are people really so fuckign stupid that they can't see that pre-season reflects almost nothing of the season to come.

Even the thing about signings happens every year. Strangely enough if you look at it quite a few of the teams that make loads of signings in the summer end up having bad seasons (Falkirk a couple of years ago, for instance). I remember us doing something similar in the late 90s - think it was 97 when Aitken spent about £2 million in the summer and then got sacked before Christmas. It's a bit of a cliche, but doing nothing really is better than making a load of bad signings for the sake of it.

Even the thing about signings happens every year. Strangely enough if you look at it quite a few of the teams that make loads of signings in the summer end up having bad seasons (Falkirk a couple of years ago, for instance). I remember us doing something similar in the late 90s - think it was 97 when Aitken spent about £2 million in the summer and then got sacked before Christmas. It's a bit of a cliche, but doing nothing really is better than making a load of bad signings for the sake of it.

Obviously it would be very rare for a team full of new signings to gell instantly, so there is definately an argument for keeping a consistent team. We just haven't been able to do that yet. I would like to see a few more come in though, we're incredibly light, but they have to be the right signings. In brown we trust :)

I agree Flabbis, constantly rebuilding can't be great for any team. Unfortunately it is forced on most average Scottish sides now as any minor positive blip in performance from a player has the vultures swooning immediately these days.

We do have a pretty light squad and I suspect that we will see a few loan signing rammed in the door in the latter part of the window.

As much as it is torturous to hear the old 'its like a new signing', having guys like Fyvie, Folly and a fit PP (god forbid a confident Mackie!) might make a significant difference to our set up if they can stay fit.

It's important to remember that the rest of the SPL is going to be struggling with the same general decline in quality that we are. I wouldn't sling the noose over the barn rafters yet but you might want to be checking out the cost of rope.