Friendly against Montrose

Aberdeen have named an 18 man squad for tomorrow night's friendly with Montrose. The squad is a mix of youth and experience and includes both Jonathan Smith and Sone Aluko so it could be your chance to get a first glimpse of the Dons latest signings. The match, which has been organised to officially open the new field turf pitch at Links Park, will kick of at 7:45pm.

The full squad is:

Kelly, Bateman, Foster, Touzani, McVitie, McNamara, Dan Smith, de Visscher, Nicholson, Jonathan Smith, Young, Aluko, Kurrant, Miller, Lovell, Stuart Smith, Ross, Strachan.

Anyone going?

If it's good enough for FIFA, and more fields like it are going in, we're gonna have to face the fact that a player coming off injury is going to play on it eventually.  Why not now?

Because it's a pointless game?  If it was a European game, fair enough, but he shouldnt be playing on that surface with an injury... take it from someone who can no longer play because of the effect plastic pitches have on injuries.

If it's good enough for FIFA, and more fields like it are going in, we're gonna have to face the fact that a player coming off injury is going to play on it eventually.  Why not now?

Because it's a pointless game?  If it was a European game, fair enough, but he shouldnt be playing on that surface with an injury... take it from someone who can no longer play because of the effect plastic pitches have on injuries.

What is the point in risking him for a pointless game would he not be better playing a bounce game against young lads on grass rather than on plastic against a team that is gonna be trying there hardest to put one over us therefore tackles prob be flying in 

Shows the effect of better pitches over there.

The natural grass Cow Pastures I play on, do more damage than the plastic pitches I have for indoor in the winter.

You have to remember that no matter how good the top surface is, underneath somewhere is still basically concrete.

True but with the amount of stones I have removed from our fields I gould hav a lovely rock garden and our soil has a high amount of clay which makes for near concrete conditions.