Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dons V Tims on Sunday

Tyrant

Vernon so slow so far. Magennis all feet and thumbs and like too many in the squad, just can't play football.

Milsom and Pawlett working real hard and have excellent quality. Mackie busting a gut but no result as usual. Gonzalez so much better than Clangfool.

85 minutes gone and still nowhere near enough chances getting created and tough to see where any goals are ever going to come from.

88 minutes and congrats to Bambi Considine who is still on the park.

All over. Hard to take any consolation from that. I refuse to accept "at least it wasn't a hammering" as a sign of progress.

Good game today, if only Vernon had got a toe to that ball the game could have been totally different. On a side note the 'singing' section were an absolute disgrace today, singing some absolutely vile songs. Hopefully these clowns don't travel to away games.

[/quote

Such as?

Various songs celebrating tommy burns death, hoping for a 'Celtic disaster' and singing about Fenian bastards. That shites not welcome at Pittodrie and neither are the mugs singing it. Arseholes to a man.

Couldn't have come across too loudly.

Didn't hear it in the middle section.

Vernon so slow so far. Magennis all feet and thumbs and like too many in the squad, just can't play football.

Milsom and Pawlett working real hard and have excellent quality. Mackie busting a gut but no result as usual. Gonzalez so much better than Clangfool.

85 minutes gone and still nowhere near enough chances getting created and tough to see where any goals are ever going to come from.

88 minutes and congrats to Bambi Considine who is still on the park.

All over. Hard to take any consolation from that. I refuse to accept "at least it wasn't a hammering" as a sign of progress.

agree with all of that.

I was in the South Stand and I was looking for the "singing section" but couldn't either see or hear it. Is it not just a few Red Ultras like it was last season?

The coppers didn't really enforce the seating thing. I stood for the whole match but then again we all had to to see past the Tims who were all standing. We were told to sit down at the start but they soon gave up on that.

Ignoring the utter fucking reprobates in the "singing section" I was pleasantly pleased with our performance yesterday.  Compared to the trauma of last seasons games vs Celtic we looked like with a bit of good fortune we could have got a point or three from the game.  Big improvement compared to St Mirren but the problems up front persist.

It was fairly obvious that Brown, correctly, concentrated on making us tougher and harder to beat over the close season and I think he has done that (although admittedly we've lost 2 out of 3).  Hopefully we strike it lucky with whatever striker and/or winger we get in on a loan at the end of the month but at least this season won't be about the humilation we suffered last year.  Whether that can translate to meaningful progress in the league, time will tell.

I'm certainly not going to start panicking like crazy as some have done elsewhere, and some of the reactions to yesterdays game have made the Tottenham looters looks sensible and restrained.

Onwards and upwards

Gorgie should be fun on Sat :thumbsup:

It was fairly obvious that Brown, correctly, concentrated on making us tougher and harder to beat over the close season and I think he has done that

I think for the first time in a good number of years we actually look as though we won't be bullied or pushed over by the likes of Celtic.  Osbourne and Arnason are strong players and that has been needed for what seems like an age.

I think for the first time in a good number of years we actually look as though we won't be bullied or pushed over by the likes of Celtic.  Osbourne and Arnason are strong players and that has been needed for what seems like an age.

Agreed. I was really impressed with Arnason. Still don't rate Osbourne though, but giving him the benefit of the doubt just now considering he hasn't really kicked a ball much in the last 18 months.

I thought osbourne looked nothing more than a hatchet man when i saw him against st m.  I'm not saying that negatively either, we've been crying out for someone to do the dirty work in centre mid for a good while.  What we need more than anything else now is someone who can actually pick a pass through a defence.