Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Rangers v Aberdeen moved to Sunday 28th August at 3pm

mizer

Thought the boys performed really well today, especially Osbourne (who was the best player on the park) and Pawlett. If they play like that more consistently they'll do a lot better this season. They moved the ball about really confidently, looked strong in the tackle and only really looked out of sorts when it came to getting shots on goal. Weakest link today was McCardle who I think really needs to be moved on. Mawene took far too long to get into the game as well but when he finally did he looked relatively solid. He's certainly better than Zander or Ifil.

The singing today was brilliant as well, good to see the slow version of when the reds go steamin in get rolled out. That lassie in the hun end really should have kept her trap shut, what an absolute monstering she got!  :lolabove:

Poor first half, in all honesty a bit of a nothing game really. Second half much better. Really entertaining and we created numerous chances.  Osbourne was immense, Pawlett coming on changed the game and pulled their defence all over the place and apart from foster and mcardle there wasn't a failure today. Best i've seen this season and for a while at ibrox. 

If only vernon or foster had a bit of composure we would have had at least a point. 1-0 would have flattered rangers

It was a good performance in the second half, but to be honest almost any time I've been there recently I haven't come away from it thinking we've been outplayed. It's usually a tight, nothing game that they scrap out a few sh*te goals in and win regardless. Just never seems to happen for us there, even when we play well and create chances it falls to bits at the crucial moment (a la Foster today).

If Verson had a shot rather then try and round McGregor he may well have scored. Foster had way more time than he realised too. We were very unlucky. That's the best I've ever seen us play at Ibrox. We should have attacked from the fucking start. They were very uncomfortable with it.

Osborne was fucking ace. Dons fans in great voice as usual at Ibrox. Wish more of our fans were like that.