Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

2011 - 2012 Goal Scorer Thread

mizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we are not! For a team playing 1 up front we really need our midfielder to score more and this points to one of the reasons they are not.

Not as simple as that mizer. It's about overall play; if most of our shots at goal are coming from distance, then we're likely to be less efficient. If most of Motherwell's are coming due to attacking wing-play and accurate crosses then you'd expect their accuracy to be far more impressive. 

Of course we should be creating more chances regardless, but I don't think we need graphs and tables to tell us that.

Not as simple as that mizer. It's about overall play; if most of our shots at goal are coming from distance, then we're likely to be less efficient. If most of Motherwell's are coming due to attacking wing-play and accurate crosses then you'd expect their accuracy to be far more impressive. 

Of course we should be creating more chances regardless, but I don't think we need graphs and tables to tell us that.

I agree its not just accuracy (Pawletts howler on Saturday comes to mind) but the positioning of players behind Vernon.

The tables and graphs are good for comparing against other teams though. I appreciate there is only one table that counts but my inner sabermetrician enjoys a table or two.

;D

• 2 weeks later...

Defence
PlayerGoals
Considine3
Mawene2
McArdle1
Foster1
Total8

Midfielders
PlayerGoals
Arnason3
Jack2
Milsom1
Fyvie1
Folly0
Clark0
Pawlett0
Osbourne0
Total8

Strikers
PlayerGoals
Vernon12
Fallon6
Mackie2
Chalali2
Magennis1
Megginson1
Total24

Total: 40

width=280 height=140http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=p3&chs=280x140&chtt=AFC%20Goals%20by%20position%20&chl=Defence|Midfield|Strikers&chco=00FFFF,000000,FF0000&chd=t:8,8,24[/img]

width=280 height=140http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=p3&chs=280x140&chtt=AFC%20Goals%20by%20player&chl=Foster|McArdle|Mawene|Considine|Milsom|Fyvie|Jack|Arnason|Megginson|Magennis|Chalali|Mackie|Fallon|Vernon&chco=99FFFF,00FFFF,66ccFF,99FFFF,000000,666666,333333,999999,CC3333,FF0033,CC3333,FF0000,CC3333,FF0033&chd=t:1,1,2,3,1,2,2,3,1,1,2,2,6,12[/img]

Time of goals scored and conceded:

Aberdeen_gd.gif

32% of our goals this season have came in the cups - although they only make up 16% of the games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...