Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

New board memeber for Aberdeen FC

mizer

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/sport/23081-new-appointment-to-aberdeen-board/

23081-new-appointment-to-aberdeen-board1.jpg

The vice president of a major oil service company has been appointed to the Aberdeen FC board.

Ian Jack, vice president North Sea for M-I Swaco, part of oil giant Schlumberger, and a representative/director on several industry bodies and associations, is widely known and respected in the oil and gas sector.

The appointment comes just over a month after Colin Welsh, chief executive officer of corporate finance advisers to the energy industry - Simmons & Company International Limited, joined the board.

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne said: "I indicated at the time of the appointment of Colin Welsh that, if we are to meet the major challenges that lie ahead and deliver against our stated objectives; achieve success on the park, build stronger relations with our fan base and, deliver the new stadium and soccer academy, and make an increasing contribution to the wider community, we require some new thinking, added energy and a new approach at board level.

"We firmly believe that Ian with his wide experience, energy and enthusiasm, combined with his extensive oil and gas contacts, will add real strength to the board."

Mr Jack said he was looking forward to helping deliver the club’s new stadium at Loirston Loch.

He added "In order for the club to be able to compete again at the top end of the table, it’s vital to get the right product both on and off the pitch. We have an excellent management team who have made some good additions to the playing staff.

"Through my appointment and that of Colin Welsh last month, the chairman and the other members of the board have acknowledged that if this is going to be achieved and the transition to the best in class facilities at Loirston is to be a success, a new approach is required.

"To fully realise this ambition, the club will have to be more successful in fully engaging the supporters, sponsors and other investors and I am honoured to be invited to make a contribution."

The most interesting words in that statement were these: -

"To fully realise this ambition, the club will have to be more successful in fully engaging the supporters, sponsors and other investors and I am honoured to be invited to make a contribution."

When a football club admits that it has had a problem with it's relations with it's fans (as our chairman also acknowledged in writing almost 3 years ago), it admits that it doesn't understand who the biggest customer base is and admits that it pursues an alternative agenda. It should be a given that the board and the fans all want the same thing. This new reference to "the product", the same reference as Milne used in the Capitol 15 years ago, suggests that the last decade and a half has been well and truly lost. The reasons for those lost years don't disappear with the addition of a couple of oily stooge foils with zero voting power.

So are you two saying that our club is well run compared to others?

We don't pay other than to two directors and what we do pay is less than Hibs pay for example?

Is this your point? If not, what is?

I'd argue that Hibs are a better run club, and those points probably go against us.

Welcome aboard  :thumbsup:

The mi-Swaco offices in Westhill have a pitch-n-putt in the carpark.

Thats the kind of forward thinking I like.

Even more so as every single cunt that seems to work there pisses aff early on a Friday, leaving an empty golf course for those at nearby job centres  8)

Welcome aboard  :thumbsup:

The mi-Swaco offices in Westhill have a pitch-n-putt in the carpark.

Thats the kind of forward thinking I like.

Even more so as every single cunt that seems to work there pisses aff early on a Friday, leaving an empty golf course for those at nearby job centres  8)

I work pretty much round the corner, why on earth didnt I realise they had a pitch and putt before now? ;D