Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Old firm dragging Scottish Football down

glasgow sheep

Glasgow Rangers - Aye Ready....think not this time

Glasgow Celtic - World Famous......as a joke team

The Old Firm, two cheeks of the same arse, bringing shame upon Scotland since the 19th century

I'm sure some how the story behind their demise will manage to blame the likes of ourselves for not putting up a domestic challenge on the uneven playing field we operate on  ::)

A mate of mine told me the scottish coefficient will be lower than the cypriot league. The sfa decision to start the league early to help the teams in europe - FAIL!

He is correct. Season after next Scottish teams will have to play in first qualifying round in June.

One of the reasons I quickly left the hat in favour of a forum with less of a cunt coefficient, was that i got nothing but jakey mocking when i posted a theory about the scottish league rapidly heading towards the level of the irish and welsh leagues...

Oh well.

We can't leave it any longer, we HAVE to kick these SFA/SPL cunts out if they refuse to divvy up the money fairly and create a bit of competition. Our game isn't going through a bad patch, It's fucking DYING.

I might have to dust off my idea for a Keltic league format again soon!

One of the reasons I quickly left the hat in favour of a forum with less of a cunt coefficient, was that i got nothing but jakey mocking when i posted a theory about the scottish league rapidly heading towards the level of the irish and welsh leagues...

Oh well.

We can't leave it any longer, we HAVE to kick these SFA/SPL cunts out if they refuse to divvy up the money fairly and create a bit of competition. Our game isn't going through a bad patch, It's fucking DYING.

Does Kelt get to set the rules??

But yes, these two are killing the game. No other team since us has had more than a sniff at the league it causes stagnation. They have blatantly used all manner of despicable things to promote themselves and draw in vermin as fans to make money. Fuck them.

Lennon quoted this morning as saying his Celtic team were excellent last night.

WTF would have happened to them then if they weren't.

Also moaning about having to play 89 mins with ten men as a player harshly sent off in the first minute.

Read it and weep you prick....didn't hear him moaning about it when it happened to us against them.

I don't have one single ounce of sympathy towards them, and couldn't care less about the co-efficent. Its not like we're likely to get a sniff of Europe in the forseeable future anyway.

Lennon quoted this morning as saying his Celtic team were excellent last night.

WTF would have happened to them then if they weren't.

Also moaning about having to play 89 mins with ten men as a player harshly sent off in the first minute.

Read it and weep yoy prick....didn't hear him moaning about it when it happened to us against us.

I don't have one single ounce of sympathy towards them, and couldn't care less about the co-efficent. Its not like we're likely to get a sniff of Europe in the forseeable future anyway.

This.

I loved seeing Huns scream for decisions last night that they just didn't get. That's what happens when the refs aren't scared of you.  :wave:

Oh well.

The biggest problem with Scottish Football is the total lack of competition in the league and the gravitation of all cash, fans and sponsorship to Rantic.  I'm not sure we would ever slip to the level of Irish or Welsh leagues tbh given the history and size of supports of the biggest clubs, even if we somehow managed to get rid of the OF I wouldn't expect a significant drop in crowds as they no longer boost home attendances anywhere they go.

If you are talking about us being at the same level as the Irish League in terms of Europe it could be argued we are there already.  If you took out rangers and celtic's coefficient points over the last 10-15years where would we rank?  I can't think of anyone outside us for one season and Hearts for one season who got anywhere in Europe in that time.  If our ranking really reflected the collective attempts of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, United and assorted cup runners-up in the last 10yrs I'd hate to see where we'd be ranked.

But to be honest Europe is all well and good but I would much prefer a decent competitive Scottish League, which I suspect would result in improved European performance over time.  Europe if anything has exacerbated the problems of our league with the OF getting sums of money not even dreamt of by other clubs.  Thus the gap has grown further and further with a demoralising effect on  the rest of the league and an even more arrogant and expectant attitude at Ibrox and Parkhead.

Someone elsewhere commented on how the Irish (and probably Welsh) leagues suffer as 1000s cross the border/sea every week to watch English clubs rather than  their own.  There is already an element of that up here which given the number of EPL shirts on kids is only likely to increase.  The Scottish clubs need to work out how to get the excitement, crowds and most importantly the kids back into our stadiums.  A decent competitive league would be a start.

How you achieve that is another matter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14679531.stm

Celtic's Euro reprieve hopes revived by Sion player row

Celtic have been given renewed hope of being re-instated into the Europa League after Uefa insiders indicated that Sion are likely to be thrown out.

The Glasgow side lost 3-1 in Switzerland after being held to a goalless draw in the first leg.

But Uefa president Michel Platini said: "What is happening there is the rules have not been respected.

"FC Sion has not respected the rules of the transfer ban - they signed players and then played those players."

Celtic have written to European football's governing body protesting at the inclusion in the Sion squad of five players deemed by Uefa to be ineligible and a hearing expected on Tuesday.

Continue reading the main story

Sion will be in the draw, but they can be subsequently excluded

Gianni Infantino Uefa general secretary

Defeat for Neil Lennon's side for now means that Celtic joined Hearts and Rangers in exiting the Europa League - the first time since European competition began in 1956 that there have been no Scottish clubs involved beyond August.

And Platini suggested that the Scottish Premier League needed to take action to improve its member sides.

"I am very disappointed with Scottish football, which has such a great history in European football," he said ahead of Friday's Europa League draw, which paired Sion with Italians Udinese, Spanish outfit Atletico Madrid and French outfit Rennes.

"They have such great clubs and it is a shame none of them have qualified, but these things are decided on the pitch.

"The Scottish league have to look at this situation very seriously now.

Pascal Feindouno celebrates Sion were 3-1 winners on the night - and in the tie against Celtic

"It's a shame clubs like Celtic and Rangers are not doing very well at the moment, but maybe in another year they will."

Sion are in dispute over a transfer ban imposed by world governing body Fifa after breaching rules over the signing of Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary three years ago.

The Swiss Cup winners have since been found by Fifa, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and the Swiss supreme court to have breached the transfer ban, but the club are challenging the decision in a local court.

Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino said the case would be dealt with by the organisation's control and disciplinary body next week.

"The civil court ruling does not affect Uefa," he said.

"We will look at our rules and the Fifa rules. There is a ruling by Fifa, CAS have ruled, it went to the Swiss supreme court and everything was confirmed, but it has been challenged again.

"It is an interpretation question which is complicated - whether a two transfer-window ban means two transfer windows or parts of several transfer windows.

"Sion will be in the draw, but they can be subsequently excluded.

"The control and disciplinary body will make a decision certainly before the group stage starts."

Trust those shower of bastards to find a loop hole to qualify  :hammer: