Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Vernon in the sun

mizer

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3782265/Scott-blue-big-chance.html

SCOTT VERNON reckons he blew Aberdeen's big chance to end 20 years of Ibrox pain.

Dons dominated the second half against Rangers on Sunday and the striker is convinced they would have beaten the Light Blues if his touch hadn't let him down when through on Allan McGregor.

But while Vernon is down that his miss cost Dons the chance of a first Ibrox win since September 1991, he believes things are looking up for the Pittodrie side.

He said: "It's very disappointing because we feel we did enough to get at least a point as we played really well in the second half.

"We limited Rangers to very few chances and the performance was encouraging but we needed to take one of our chances.

"I think my second touch narrowed the angle down and enabled the keeper to get really close to me and force me wide.

"It was a good chance but it went in the blink of an eye. But we can definitely take confidence out of that game as we dominated the last hour.

"That's got to be encouraging for us because we gave Rangers a good game. The scoreline flattered them and they would admit that themselves."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3782265/Scott-blue-big-chance.html#ixzz1WUyLT3aS

Oh look

another article in which someone from the club suggests 'hey things are getting better you know'

we've scored 3 and conceided 8 in 6 games.

If we lose at Easter Road a week on sunday we will be bottom and if results go against us there will be a 4 point gap between us and 10th

I prefer everyone at the club just shut the fuck up until we were at least safe in mid table