Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Red Ultra meeting 17/9/11

Kowalski

Red Ultras meeting 17-9-11

Meeting for the proposed return of the Red Ultras at the holburn bar function suite.

Saturday the 17th of September at 12 oclock sharp.

Can all old members spread the word to each other and any new faces are more than welcome.

Whether you are for it or against it those who are interested must be sick and tired at the lack of passion and colour at Dons games.The singing section hasnt really kicked in yet and ive been guilty of not being present due to running 2 businesses but im now in a position to free up some saturdays.

The away support im told was fantastic at Ibrox so theres still plenty of passion within the support,I know we have all felt a bit scunnered by all things to do with the Dons of late but even if a small number try and get behind the team we,ll hopefully make a difference.

I hope to see as many of you as possible upstairs in the holburn bar on the day of the Killie game,and then we,ll all go together to the game.

STAND FREE-FORZA RU

Although they've got a few bams in their support, I personally think anyone that does anything to try and enhance the match day atmosphere should be applauded, not criticised.

Especially considering just about everybody agrees Pittodrie is like a morgue at most games.

I had nothing against them until a game a few years back - and when I say 'them' i should really say a couple of them.

They had been singing their own songs, ok, thats fine - but its not going to get everyone singing. We started stand free and a group of their younger lads joined in, the next thing I see is one of the slightly older lads (flare boy from Sigma) was there telling them to sit down and stop singing along with us.

Although they've got a few bams in their support, I personally think anyone that does anything to try and enhance the match day atmosphere should be applauded, not criticised.

Especially considering just about everybody agrees Pittodrie is like a morgue at most games.

Precisely. As long as they don't act like tits as mizer says.

They do act like tits. Complete and utter tits. I don't know if it's all of them or not but certainly some of them. They have a go at folk for "hiding behind their keyboards" (although they'd probably spell "their" wrong) and not complaining to their face but the time I did I got abuse hurled at me and call all the names under the sun. They spent the whole game (which I believe was at rugby park) holding up their shitty flags which blocked my view. When I explained that this was happening I was told to move and called all sorts of names. They aren't there to enhance the experience. They're there to try and impress their mates and think they're hard. I've met Mezz on a few occasions and I can't fault him himself. But the members that the Ultras seem to attract tend to be fucking morons.

I've never been able to get away from the thought that the title of their group is a bit wanky, i mean ultra's?  How narcissistic are ya?

I was with you up until the apostrophe. It blew my mind.

Tyrant's een of them SI' DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON mannies!!!  :wave:

Not at all! I'll always prefer to stand. But these flags only went up at kick off and stayed there until the half time whistle and then went up again when the game started. I shouldn't have my view blocked by any flags during play. If they want to wave flags fuck off to a part of the stand where you're not blocking any cunt's view. And at Rugby Park it's not hard to find an empty space! Their aim was nothing more than to get their flag on TV.

Their aim was nothing more than to get their flag on TV.

We were a row in front of them at Killie once and clearly heard 'remember and wave the flags so we get on telly'. Players run out - we pass back over their heads our big flag which totally covers them.  ;D

I shoulda mentioned - I think that might have been me who swore at ye and told ye to move. I'm nae a red ultra and never have been - but was just trying to wind ye up, if indeed it was you.  ;)

Jute - this might have been the "hand of pain" game when the goal went in? Aye? lol

Was wondering if it was the same game.

They do act like tits. Complete and utter tits. I don't know if it's all of them or not but certainly some of them. They have a go at folk for "hiding behind their keyboards" (although they'd probably spell "their" wrong) and not complaining to their face but the time I did I got abuse hurled at me and call all the names under the sun. They spent the whole game (which I believe was at rugby park) holding up their shitty flags which blocked my view. When I explained that this was happening I was told to move and called all sorts of names. They aren't there to enhance the experience. They're there to try and impress their mates and think they're hard. I've met Mezz on a few occasions and I can't fault him himself. But the members that the Ultras seem to attract tend to be fucking morons.

The displays at Pittodrie they organised were amazing, 'Stand Free', 'One Love' etc.  I've held up my wee bit paper, waved a wee plastic red or white flag left at my seat etc several times. Displays like these were very well planned out, and organised.

I don't know if I've met Mezz or not, (have had a beer or 3 with a few "ultras" in the Broadhill, Munich and even at T in the Park!) I certainly don't tar all Red Ultra's with the same brush, however I do agree with Tyrant that I have experienced the majority of them acting like complete tits... I refer to a game at Tannadice, in the Shed, flags getting waved during the game, politely (initially!) asked them to stop, ... verbally abused in retort. Repeat aforementioned x 2 or 3, then I telt them I'd stick their flags where the sun wouldn't shine if they waved them during play again. That then apparently makes you anti-ultras!

Loved the displays, but don't wave flags in front of me when I'm watching the game!! 

The ultras make no difference to the matchday atmosphere at Pittodrie, at all.

Probably at most games yes, but for big games, such as those that Aberdeen_Ladette describes, it made a huge difference. People all around the world saw it and knew us for them. Nothing like that seems to happen anymore.

Probably at most games yes, but for big games, such as those that Aberdeen_Ladette describes, it made a huge difference. People all around the world saw it and knew us for them. Nothing like that seems to happen anymore.

That doesnt make a difference to the matchday atmosphere because its a nice big display at the start it goes back to the usual flat atmosphere for the 88mins. If said displays happened every week no matter the opposition and lead to a wall of noise from the entire RDS for 90+ minutes, people bouncing around (similar to lech poznan fans) etc then yes you could claim it made a difference.

As for people around the world 'Knowing' Aberdeen football club for our Ultras displays? Have a word with yourself man. If known at all around the world anymore it will most likely be as Alex Ferguson's old team.

That doesnt make a difference to the matchday atmosphere because its a nice big display at the start it goes back to the usual flat atmosphere for the 88mins. If said displays happened every week no matter the opposition and lead to a wall of noise from the entire RDS for 90+ minutes, people bouncing around (similar to lech poznan fans) etc then yes you could claim it made a difference.

As for people around the world 'Knowing' Aberdeen football club for our Ultras displays? Have a word with yourself man. If known at all around the world anymore it will most likely be as Alex Ferguson's old team.

Of course people know us for that, but we're not talking about that are we. I was highlighting that people that I have spoken to from various parts of the world have actually referred to the displays we used to have at Pittodrie. Even in random places like Bosnia. I was not referring to why we were famous.

Of course people know us for that, but we're not talking about that are we. I was highlighting that people that I have spoken to from various parts of the world have actually referred to the displays we used to have at Pittodrie. Even in random places like Bosnia. I was not referring to why we were famous.

manc ive met some football fans from Poland, Germany, USA, Italy (I could do on) that didnt even know where the city of Aberdeen was let alone the fact we have a football team. You claimed the displays made a difference to the match day experience but your apparent evidence for this was the displays were seen on television and some people around the world happened to mention to you that they had seen them. The fact a TV audience got to see it makes no difference to the 10-21000 people who are inside the stadium.

Ive not been to all the matches in which they have had a display but in those I have been the result was the same. Some people notice, some chose to ignore, some took photographs but soon as the whistle went they went back to supporting the team the same way they always had. After 10mins or so the morgue status had returned.  It made as much difference as Reds & Co at halftime or playing music when a goal was scored. Perhaps the Copenhagen game was different but was that really down to the ultras or was it down to the players taking advantage of the Danes falling apart? A successful dons team running riot against allegedly superior opposition will do more for matchday atmopshere than any flag display.

The only way these displays will ever make a difference to the matchday atmosphere is if an entire stand is populated by red ultras or other supporters who all want to take part. That would require the club to designate not just a singing section but an entire singing stand.  If you dont have that, situations such as have already been mentioned when people have their views obstructed by flags and received abuse for having the gaul to request they stop waving them when the match kicked off.