Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Red Ultra meeting 17/9/11

Kowalski

I still disagree Tom, the games I've been to where there has been a display, everyone seemed to be more up for it (which probably helps). I certainly felt pride in seeing what our club was capable of, if only for one day. Yeah, sure, the football invariably let us down as it usually does and that certainly contributes vastly to a shite atmosphere. But it was nice to see and maybe for those first 10 minutes, it added something. When i've been to Pittodrie since they were halted from doing the displays, I can't say the atmosphere has been anywhere near as good. I'd rather have 5-10 minutes of extra atmosphere than nothing. Just my opinion and experience on the matter.

I don't disagree with your singing stand though, but the club will never allow this. The merkland would have been ideal for it, but as ever the club didn't have the will power/forsight to agree to it.

So many dour faces here min !

I would just like to say good luck to anyone who supports Aberdeen and wants to be involved in any displays or show of support for the team.

Absolutely, but what the Ultras did was in the end so self indulgent that it just left the rest of the support completely bemused at what they were doing. Weird European chants, banners that were two stains short of being MiniJC's bedsheets and that numpty conducting the singing just takes all the fun and spontaneity out of it.

Were you at the Copenhagen game?

I was. I remember the game vividly, I remember fuck all of what the ultras did.

I mind in particular one afternoon spent in section y watching a group of total stoatirs, taps aff, (several of whom didn't even face the fucking pitch for the entirety of the game) singing songs no other cunt knew (something about somebody called George) and clapping and looking "cool" like they were on the cuervo. No ma idea of fun or watching fitba or enhancing the day. It seemed a purely self aggrandising and indulgent and, at the time, pretty irritating once I had a wee laugh at it.

I should also say that this regular matchday stuff is distinct from the set piece one-offs they did which clearly had a lot of effort put in to them and (though I cannot remember any individual one specifically) were pretty impressive when viewed from outside the RDS.

I was. I remember the game vividly, I remember fuck all of what the ultras did.

I mind in particular one afternoon spent in section y watching a group of total stoatirs, taps aff, (several of whom didn't even face the fucking pitch for the entirety of the game) singing songs no other cunt knew (something about somebody called George) and clapping and looking "cool" like they were on the cuervo. No ma idea of fun or watching fitba or enhancing the day. It seemed a purely self aggrandising and indulgent and, at the time, pretty irritating once I had a wee laugh at it.

I should also say that this regular matchday stuff is distinct from the set piece one-offs they did which clearly had a lot of effort put in to them and (though I cannot remember any individual one specifically) were pretty impressive when viewed from outside the RDS.

Think the Ultras did the clown horns/