Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Rory Fallon - signed

BobbyBiscuit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Fallon

On trial with us. A striker who will only sign for us if God tells him to:

Rory Fallon is a Christian who is involved with the charity faith and football. He has revealed that he moves clubs based on what God tells him. He told the Guardian: "One club has come in for me, but I don't feel the Lord wants me to go. I will wait on what the Lord says. I don't feel I have got a clear message to leave yet, so I'm staying. I'm instructed by the Lord, and I keep telling people this. They probably think I'm mad, but I know full well that when Paul Sturrock came in and wanted me to go to Southend I had a dream and the Lord told me to stay at Plymouth. I have had no instructions since so I stay at Plymouth." The newspaper then sarcastically commented that Fallon did not realise the Plymouth Argyle chairman, Roy Gardner, is only a 'Sir' and not a 'Lord'.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last big god squader we had was dobin i think.  As an athiest i wince at anyone making life decisions on the grounds of what their favourite imaginary friend thinks but if he comes and scores the winning penalty in the scottish cup final i'll get over it

Have you forgotten about Sone 'only god can judge me' Aluko?

Have you forgotten about Sone 'only god can judge me' Aluko?

Given his current predicament then, I'd suggest that judgement wasn't very favourable then ;)

Anyone else still think we'll end up taking him back and spunking a wage away on someone that patently doesn't want to be here and whose heart won't be remotely in it.

Given his current predicament then, I'd suggest that judgement wasn't very favourable then ;)

Anyone else still think we'll end up taking him back and spunking a wage away on someone that patently doesn't want to be here and whose heart won't be remotely in it.

Completely. But was that Juve rumour ever confirmed? Apparently it was in the Italian papers, but haven't see anything else.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown admits trialist Rory Fallon will have to impress greatly to win a deal at Pittodrie.

The New Zealand striker is training with the Dons but Brown would have to persuade the board to exceed their budget in order to sign him.

The 29-year-old played with Kari Arnason at Plymouth and left Yeovil before the transfer window closed after spending a month at the npower League One club.

Brown, whose team face Hibernian at Easter Road on Sunday, said: "He is a friend of Kari Arnason and we are giving him a training venue.

"He is a nice, big chap who is visiting a friend and obviously he is out of contract and I am interested to see how he shapes up.

"We are not going to make a decision right now because I can't go to the board with another player and another player and another player.

"We have got to be sure if we are to go to the board as we are at our budget maximum already. I am reluctant to ask for dispensation unless we are absolutely sure."

Seen Fallon quite a few times. Not the most gifted footballer, and I've seen him miss some real sitters. But he is a very hard worker and wouldn't look out of place in the SPL. He is an internationalist who often is paired with Chris Killen

Until the internationalist part it sounded like you were describing Marren Dackie.