Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Rory Fallon - signed

BobbyBiscuit

I'm not sure he's overly bothered about full backs, I reckon he'll go 3-5-2 at some point this season and in the meantime he believes McArdle and Considine are adequate there.

i thought that's how we were going to start the season. to be fair, i wouldna listen to a cunt like me though, so probably best to find a full-back or two!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RORY FALLON reckons he can be the answer to Aberdeen boss Craig Brown's prayers — but insists he is not at Pittodrie on a mission from God.

Deeply religious striker Fallon refused to confirm Brown's claims that the Lord had told him to join Dons.

But the New Zealander does have almost as much faith in his own ability as in the word of God — even though he admits his claims that He told him where to play football in the past often led to ridicule.

And after agreeing a two-year deal at Pittodrie the striker is desperate to help end the Dons' problems in front of goal and enjoy playing again after a troubled time at crisis-hit Plymouth.

As well as being unable to train last season because of a hernia problem on his return from the World Cup, he played in every game for Argyle, even though he hadn't been paid by the club since Christmas.

Fallon said: "My faith has helped me massively in terms of getting through a tough last three years and that will continue.

"I usually talk about my faith and sometimes it gets laughed at but I do want people to know that it is a massive thing for me.

"It was a tough time at Plymouth as a lot of players there haven't been paid since Christmas — and I'm one of them.

"People had to give up a lot of money so it's brilliant to come here and sign a contract.

"Now I don't have to worry about the money they owe me. If I lose it, I lose it. It's just a real relief not to have that problem now.

"Being part of that was mentally draining but it helped me become an even stronger person. If you can get through that then you can get through a lot of things in life.

"People talk about pressure when it comes to playing football but for me real pressure is when you have to pay your bills and there's no money coming in.

"Thinking about where the next pay cheque is coming from and just being able to put food on the table is what I call pressure.

"It's not a long life as a footballer but it's brilliant not having to worry about things like that now."

Fallon may have been reluctant to talk about it but boss Brown believes divine intervention helped him land the striker.

The Aberdeen manager was desperate for a goalscorer after his side fired blanks in six of their first seven SPL matches.

And it got so bad he asked his brother Bob, former minister of Queen's Cross Church in Aberdeen and a Dons season ticket holder, to use his connections to help him.

He said: "I told my brother to have a word with his boss and said he wouldn't get a ticket for our games until his prayers were successful.

"God told Rory to come here, that's great for us.

"But he is not here to replace Darren Mackie or Scott Vernon, he gives us extra provision.

"I just hope that Rory is fit enough to start against Kilmarnock tomorrow.

"From what we've seen so far, he has excellent control of the ball and brings other players into play."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3817125/Rory-is-answer-to-Dons-prayers.html#ixzz1Y6YVczH5

How did he do on Saturday against Killie?

Must admit when I heard the news I thought "there's only one Fallon I've ever heard of in football ... nae impressed if its the same one". Sure enough it is the same one. I've been to three All Whites games now, and Fallon has played in all three. He is definitely not of decent pedigree ... very much another Darren Mackie who will score of his arse a few times by accident, but the majority of us will be frustrated as 99% of his shots sail off into the RDS ... or Main/South Stands, in some cases!! But he'll score the odd goal, just like Mackie, at crucial times to make things all worth while.

If we're scouting around NZ for players, there's much better strikers to be had such as Leo Bertos or Shane Smeltz

From the BBC highlights he looked like he could be a good signing. Seems to have a pretty good touch on the ball and decent in the air. Looked like a penalty to me as well!

This was my first impression of the boy too. Did he not hit the bar with a header? I think the early signs are good and it looks like he may be suited to Scottish "football".

From the BBC highlights he looked like he could be a good signing. Seems to have a pretty good touch on the ball and decent in the air. Looked like a penalty to me as well!

So you've been to 3 games and have made up yer mind aboot him... come on, Reekie min.

On Saturday he shoulda won a penalty - but the referee (who redtv referred to as an "Idiot" during the incident) decided to, I presume incorrectly, book him for diving.

Fallon is in the paper today admitting it was not a penalty as defender won the ball but saying he did not dive.

I don't think it was a penalty either nor it was a dive. Harkins got back well, won the ball and Fallon got clipped also. He shoudn't have been claiming for a dive IMO. Also on a sidenote - Heffernan looks to be a good signing for Killie with a few goals since he arrived. Another one who seems to have slipped through the AFC radar.