🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Rory Fallon - signed

BobbyBiscuit

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110914/rory-fallon-is-now-a-don_2212158_2451055

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/35/7b/0,,10284~9993013,00.jpg[/img]

The Dons have completed the signing of New Zealand international striker Rory Fallon on a two year deal. The 29 year old, who has spent all of his domestic career in England becomes the fourth former Plymouth Argyle player to arrive at Pittodrie in recent times, joining Yoann Folly, Chris Clark and Kari Arnason.

Rory began his career with Barnsley and has also enjoyed spells at Shrewsbury (loan), Swindon Town, Yeovil Town (loan), Swansea and Ipswich (loan). Born in Gisborne, and the son of former New Zealand coach Kevin, the free agent has played 11 times for his country, scoring three goals, the most famous of which was the only counter in the World Cup play-off second leg against Bahrain which sent New Zealand into their first appearance in the finals in 28 years, where he played in all three group games.

The player goes straight into contention for the weekend SPL visit of Kilmarnock, subject to international clearance.

Rory will be officially unveiled as an Aberdeen player at a press conference tomorrow.

So how come he gets a two year deal, and others that we should have taken more of a risk on got 1 year deals?!?

Funnily enough, that was exactly what I said to my younger son when he told me the news about half four this afternoon

Having said that, he might have held a gun to ur head and said two year deal or no deal