Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

EE: Pawlett can handle attacking role for Aberdeen FC

mizer

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2420754

Craig Brown looking for goals from Peter

By Charlie Allan  :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Published: 08/09/2011

PETER Pawlett is about to get the chance to show if he can make as big an impact as Aberdeen FC hero Eoin Jess.

Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown chose not to add to his strikeforce ahead of the transfer window closing because he believes he already has players at the club capable of getting more goals.

They include Pawlett, who has tended to play as a wide midfielder since making his breakthrough at Pittodrie but will now find himself challenged to prove he can be a goal grabber as much as a chance maker.

Pawlett in my opinion has so much potential but I'm not sure he is ever going to really make it big time and could well prove to be an enigma.

On his day a hugely exciting player for us, but it simply isn't demonstrated enough.

This is without doubt a huge season for his development

What I have seen so far not in the same class as Jess.

But then who is (in Scottish fitba)?

I would Pawlett has the potential to be our most exciting player since Jess came through the ranks, however he needs to start performing more regularly and stay injury free.

The lack of quality around him, as much as his lack of goals may be the limiting factor however

Pawlett needs to have an extended run in the team and stay clear of injury. On his day, he is a great player and is one of the few players we have at this club that will run at the opposition and take a player on.

Pretty much how I feel on the matter. He's a great player when he's fit and played in position...

20 or so first team starts and he's "not going to make it", "not as good as Fyvie" and "not as good as one of the best players that we've ever had at the club".

That's it lads.

Keep bashing him.

Hound that promising youngster out of Pittodrie!

Hound him!

Hound that fucker!

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

::)

Who's hounding him?  It's just folk expressing an opinion on an internet site. He isn't as good as Jess - at the moment, or would you say otherwise?  Should we say he is, just in case he's reading this?

I agree with GS, he is the most (or has the potential to be) exciting player since Jess. I saw him play in a more central role at Ibrox when he first came through and he was tremendous, ran at the defence in the same manner Jess used to - big centre halves hate that, full backs are more used to it. Get the ball to him just off the striker/s and give him the room to run at them, exactly as Jess did when he partnered Gillhaus in particular.

Who's hounding him?  It's just folk expressing an opinion on an internet site. He isn't as good as Jess - at the moment, or would you say otherwise?  Should we say he is, just in case he's reading this?

I agree with GS, he is the most (or has the potential to be) exciting player since Jess. I saw him play in a more central role at Ibrox when he first came through and he was tremendous, ran at the defence in the same manner Jess used to - big centre halves hate that, full backs are more used to it. Get the ball to him just off the striker/s and give him the room to run at them, exactly as Jess did when he partnered Gillhaus in particular.

Exactly my thoughts BB.