Aberdeen v Killie

mizer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilmarnock boss Kenny Shiels: Aberdeen are best organised team in SPL

Sep 16 2011 Hugh Keevins

ABERDEEN have failed to score in six of their seven league games but Killie manager Kenny Shiels insists they're the best organised team in the SPL.

And that's why the Irishman's more wary of his team's trip to Pittodrie tomorrow than statistics would suggest he should be.

Shiels said: "I saw Aberdeen against Hibs last Sunday and they're the best organised side in the division when they're not in possession of the ball. They restrict the opposition's space and their togetherness as a team is very impressive.

"We're fourth in the league but if we lose this weekend's game they are only a point behind us."

The fact they can't score goals does threaten the Dons' ability to get praise for anything other than negativity.

But Shiels reckons the signing of giant Kiwi Rory Fallon could signal the end of that problem.

He added: "I know him from his time at Plymouth Argyle. He'll be a target man for other players to feed off.

"I expect to see lots of crosses coming into our penalty box this weekend, that's for sure.

"Aberdeen might have failed to score in six of their seven games but I counted 10 corners for them at Easter Road so you can't say they don't attack."

Best organised team - well its had me fooled  ::)

:thumbsup:Team: Brown, Foster, Mawene, Considine, Milsom, Arnason, Fallon, Osbourne, Fyvie, Chalali, Jack

subs Langfield, McArdle, Clark, Vernon, Mackie, Pawlett, Magennis.

We've possibly dodged a bullet with Dunfermline pulling it back from 0-2.

Make it count boys ffs sake.

:thumbsup:Team: Brown, Foster, Mawene, Considine, Milsom, Arnason, Fallon, Osbourne, Fyvie, Chalali, Jack

subs Langfield, McArdle, Clark, Vernon, Mackie, Pawlett, Magennis.

We've possibly dodged a bullet with Dunfermline pulling it back from 0-2.

Make it count boys ffs sake.

Gonzalez totally bombed out... injured?