Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

This club is fucking dead and rotten.

TENEMENTFUNSTER

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club is dying and it is very, very rotten.

Given that the reason for it's stink, it's incompetence and it's inevitable failure is a continuing constant given the continuing constant, surely it's obvious now what the constant actually is.

Which begs the question - why were you all so vociferous against critics of the continuing constant before?

Or are you so fucking thick, you need it spelled out again?

Great thread and respect to the OP. Nails it totally.

I hate to to correct your word use, but I think you'll find that what you meant to say was, 'prompts' or 'raises' the question, rather than 'begs'.

http://begthequestion.info/

As if to prove the point, the wondrous boys in red manage to surpass all that has went before.

I think I won't be back, there's fuck all else that cunt Milne seems to understand and there's no way I'm farting another nugget in their direction. I have had enough.

Decades of watching, following pretty much done. Mr Milne, I know I'm not alone but I know you will be at the new stadium. Fuck off, you and your group of fucking bastards in your board.

Last night I went to bed, even after getting the txt through about Fallon's equalizer.

I simply don't care anymore.

part of me knew we'd still lose it. part of me was even disappointed with the equalizer, because it might have meant those c*nts masquerading as my club were going to get off the hook for another 90 mins of cheating the fans.

I've got a 12 yr old son, who lives in Glasgow with his mum. all of her family are Rangers fans but I made a point of bringing him up a dons fan like myself. Hard going at times, because youngsters want nothing more than to be the winning team all the time. somehow I still managed it.

I'm so crushed with apathy now, that I have started to regret inflicting him with the joke club that is Aberdeen FC.

if any of fortnightly visits to Glasgow from London ever coincide with a central belt game, I'd make a point of taking him to see it. I'm due up this weekend and there's no chance I'm shelling out any cash to go to Fir Park. I'm finished.

If Scottish football is fucked, then Aberdeen FC is at the forefront of the penetration, wilfully taking all comers.

if there's any decent form of protest, then I'll happily join it if I think it will make a difference. but unfortunately I think our support is taking a leaf from the squad's book now and giving up without a fight.

We're all so very tired, and who can blame us. We should be angry but it's been a slow drawn out death and the sooner it's over the better.

RIP AFC.

Thanks for the (pre 1996) memories.

Last night I went to bed, even after getting the txt through about Fallon's equalizer.

I simply don't care anymore.

part of me knew we'd still lose it. part of me was even disappointed with the equalizer, because it might have meant those c*nts masquerading as my club were going to get off the hook for another 90 mins of cheating the fans.

I've got a 12 yr old son, who lives in Glasgow with his mum. all of her family are Rangers fans but I made a point of bringing him up a dons fan like myself. Hard going at times, because youngsters want nothing more than to be the winning team all the time. somehow I still managed it.

I'm so crushed with apathy now, that I have started to regret inflicting him with the joke club that is Aberdeen FC.

if any of fortnightly visits to Glasgow from London ever coincide with a central belt game, I'd make a point of taking him to see it. I'm due up this weekend and there's no chance I'm shelling out any cash to go to Fir Park. I'm finished.

If Scottish football is fucked, then Aberdeen FC is at the forefront of the penetration, wilfully taking all comers.

if there's any decent form of protest, then I'll happily join it if I think it will make a difference. but unfortunately I think our support is taking a leaf from the squad's book now and giving up without a fight.

We're all so very tired, and who can blame us. We should be angry but it's been a slow drawn out death and the sooner it's over the better.

RIP AFC.

Thanks for the (pre 1996) memories.

Jesus, min. That's such a negative post and yet I could not agree more.

Respect for at least trying to raise a Dons fan. Especially one living in Glasgow.

I'd only just started going to football when I saw every game of our Coca Cola cup run of 1995. Who would've thunk that it'd be all down hill from that league cup win.

Apathy is certainly the word. The anger I had at the Queens Park game and the dissapointment at the Queen of the South game just wasnt there last night. Not from me or anybody else I saw around me.

The main problem is there's not an obvious alternative to Milne. Any protest or objection is met with "Aye but who would come in and replace him?" and it kinda fizzles out there. If there was to be a real alternative put themselves forward I think it would reignite some passion in the support with people getting behind it and having a focus to their protests.

But, I just checked my EuroMillions numbers and I didn't win so the alternative is nae me, till Friday at least.

Apathy is certainly the word. The anger I had at the Queens Park game and the dissapointment at the Queen of the South game just wasnt there last night. Not from me or anybody else I saw around me.

The main problem is there's not an obvious alternative to Milne. Any protest or objection is met with "Aye but who would come in and replace him?" and it kinda fizzles out there. If there was to be a real alternative put themselves forward I think it would reignite some passion in the support with people getting behind it and having a focus to their protests.

But, I just checked my EuroMillions numbers and I didn't win so the alternative is nae me, till Friday at least.

Bollocks.

That line is trotted out by the very man who is protecting his own interests and folk continue to believe it.

Not one person has approached me to buy my house, car, shirt off my back.  But guess what, I've never put them up for sale.

Milne's kept us in millions of pound of debt so that we're seen as an unattractive investment.  He could have paid that debt off easily with his bank balance or he could have given us an interest free loan rather than having us pay £500,000 a year in interest to the banks.  Imagine what type of team we'd have with that amount of cash each season instead of just pouring it down the drain.  Even a slice of that money with the rest going into servicing the debt would make a huge difference.  But no, he'll keep cutting costs whilst we get no closer to paying off the debt.  We're simply treading water and have been for decades.

Administration may well not be the answer but I sure as shit wish the banks would come calling so he has to service that debt that he 'guarantees'.

Then we'd see him for what he really is.  No way he'd pay that off, no way.  He'd pull every trick of the book and pile us further into the shite before spending a penny of his own.

Fuck you Milne.

Bollocks.

That line is trotted out by the very man who is protecting his own interests and folk continue to believe it.

Not one person has approached me to buy my house, car, shirt off my back.  But guess what, I've never put them up for sale.

Milne's kept us in millions of pound of debt so that we're seen as an unattractive investment.  He could have paid that debt off easily with his bank balance or he could have given us an interest free loan rather than having us pay £500,000 a year in interest to the banks.  Imagine what type of team we'd have with that amount of cash each season instead of just pouring it down the drain.  Even a slice of that money with the rest going into servicing the debt would make a huge difference.  But no, he'll keep cutting costs whilst we get no closer to paying off the debt.  We're simply treading water and have been for decades.

Administration may well not be the answer but I sure as shit wish the banks would come calling so he has to service that debt that he 'guarantees'.

Then we'd see him for what he really is.  No way he'd pay that off, no way.  He'd pull every trick of the book and pile us further into the shite before spending a penny of his own.

Fuck you Milne.

I wondered why Milne didn't at least give as a low interest or interest free loan but I can see why that is now.

Beginning to agree with that ST, he may, on paper, be guaranteeing the debt but in reality he has no intention of backing that up, that much is completely transparent now.

Maybe the banks should chap the door and maybe kickstart something that would be in the long term interests of the club.

The bank only cares that the club is meeting the interest payments, basically. Whether the team on the park is utter ding or not won't be their concern, even though in the long term it probably would benefit them as well as us.

As for Milne paying it off etc, he probably isn't that cash rich, only on paper. A lot of his wealth will be tied up in investments and such like. Not that that's an excuse, this should have been sorted long ago, and of course should never have been allowed to spiral to this extent.

He will change nothing though. This result... it's only one result, he'll say and on it will go.  there may be a few half arsed attempts by Duncan Fraser to get some meaningless contact with the fans going, at which point he'll say "you don't know what it's like here, you don't know what you're talking about so please shut up but take your seats every second Saturday, if you don't mind".  Because that's what happens every time we get one of these results.

Why would anything change this time round?

Beginning to agree with that ST, he may, on paper, be guaranteeing the debt but in reality he has no intention of backing that up, that much is completely transparent now.

Maybe the banks should chap the door and maybe kickstart something that would be in the long term interests of the club.

Problem is they won't.

Not at the moment at least.

We're going through the worst financial crisis in decades and it's the banks that are royally fucked.  If they're not going to come looking for their money during all of that then they're never going to.

Not as long as we continue to fork out £1/2 million each year in interest.  We're a reliable source of income for the bank.  Money for nothing.

One thing would have to change before that happens and that would be us failing to meet payments.  Which means a drop in division and/or fans stop turning up each week.

Both of those is becoming a reality but I wouldn't put it past Milne to magic some money out of thin air (as he frequently does when it comes to replacing managers) just to keep our necks above the water line.  Thus preserving his bare-minimum-effort-reign.

I don't want to see our club die.

Am I reading this right and some of you are actively suggesting we stop going to games to bankrupt us and force Milne out?  This is the answer? What happens then? Do you all come flooding back when we are battling to get out the 1st division, or worse?

If the afc support was ever going to unite and force change at Pittodrie they would have done it by now.  Any attempt at forcing change has been met by infighting, ridicule and ultimately failure.  Lots of people want change, few will do anything about it, and those that try something will be pilloried on forums like this.

Awesome.

Am I reading this right and some of you are actively suggesting we stop going to games to bankrupt us and force Milne out?  This is the answer? What happens then? Do you all come flooding back when we are battling to get out the 1st division, or worse?

If the afc support was ever going to unite and force change at Pittodrie they would have done it by now.  Any attempt at forcing change has been met by infighting, ridicule and ultimately failure.  Lots of people want change, few will do anything about it, and those that try something will be pilloried on forums like this.

Awesome.

Nobody needs to 'actively suggest we stop going to games' as it is happening whether you like it or not.

Relegation is also a reality that we now face.

Both of which are Milne's doing.

Who was pilloried for doing something? I hope you're no referring to the bangers who protested about JC.

I expect everyone doesn't want the club to die so you can quit that right away, what is the case is that something dramatic HAS to happen to change things and it will not be direct fans action. It is also completely evident that it will not happen at board level. So where does that leave us??

Watching the club lurch inexorably towards relegation and then on to administration?

This is just becoming groundhog day. I remember in the past, with cup upsets and poor league form, I would always back the dons up and fight for the clubs honour. Making up bullshit excuses along the way.  Can't even be arsed nowadays. I thought it was just old age but it seems everyone, mostly, seems to feel the same way. I am honestly more excited about match of the day on a Saturday night than i am about me next Aberdeen game. I am embarrassed to say that. But I am more embarrassed by my own team.

Awesome.

For goodness sake, who does want to see our club die?

Let's face it, it has been shite for 15 years and we've all shouted about it, booed the board, the manager and Darren Mackie, we've all tried to raise the spirits of the players, get behind the manager and "turned more corners" than someone lost in a maze.  No matter what we've done, or said, or written... it is still shite.  Really, really fucking monumentally shite.

So, is the only thing left to do, the only thing that will get some form of positive reaction from the board, is stop going?  In the long term, of course it isn't. But in the short term, quite possibly.

But as TF says above, this is already in the process of happening, and none of it is organised and that's the dangerous thing for the board because when that happens, many will never, ever come back on a regular basis.  Can you honestly blame them? Throwing good money after bad with absolutely no sign of things ever getting better... you'd need to be a fool, quite frankly.

Apologies, my previous post was havering bullshit.

Milne does have some planning applications in place according to his website: Cove, Kingswells, Crief and Bucksburn

http://www.stewartmilne.com/PageProducer.aspx?Page=37

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14916580

One of the main culprits of uk shoebox living accomodation methinks :finger:

In a way, I have to thank Mr Milne and the board for quite an achievement. Not only have they managed to alienate the club from the fans but also they have somehow mis-managed the whole club to such an extent that I have grown completely and utterly disillusioned with the entire club. Last nights was the icing on the cake, however, this has been going on from last season. From McGhee's awful tenure to the humiliating defeats in the semi-cups and then onto now. It has now gotten to the stage that I don't bother even looking at the highlights of games, I forgot there was a game on last night and when I looked at the score and it was 2-3, it didn't even suprise me one little bit, nor was I mad. I was apathetic. I just didn't care. We have been here all before, Milne will come out of hiding long enough to make some sorry excuse for a statement saying he is fully behind Brown and then go onto highlight what thigs we as fans should be positive about. Utter bullshit.

How many clubs do you hear of putting on free buses or refunding their fans after a drubbing? Plenty do it, yet did Aberdeen after getting pumped 9-0? Or even after 18,000 odd travelled down to Glasgow to see their team being 4-0 down by half-time? No, did they fuck. What about the scandalous ticket-price increase after two or three dreadful and embarrassing seasons? £23 odd to watch a shite team, play shite football and more often than not, lose? A good way of alienating fans further and nothing other than a fucking disgrace. Milne and his puppets have run AFC into the ground and the worst thing about it is that I don't think they even realise it. They will continue to believe that people will turn out regardless of the state of the team and pay out hard earned money to watch AFC, well the dwindling attendances will soon show them not to be the case. This club is dying and its thorougly depressing to watch it. Milne has to go, otherwise absolutely diddly squat will be change and changing manager after manager will not change a fucking thing. Fuck the new stadium, get the board oot and give this club a chance to work again with the fans.

Milne oot.