Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

EE: Brown accepts share of blame for Aberdeen FC cup defeat

Kowalski

Brown accepts share of blame for Aberdeen FC cup defeat

Manager defiant after loss to East Fife

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 21/09/2011

ABERDEEN FC boss Craig Brown today made it clear he won’t be quitting in the wake of the club’s humiliating League Cup defeat by East Fife.

But he hinted the clock is now ticking on the Pittodrie futures of some of the players who “lacked the bottle and character” to see off the Second Division part-timers at Pittodrie.

Brown admitted he picked the wrong Aberdeen FC team and is willing to face the flak for that.

Aberdeen FC skipper Foster takes the flak

Fans vent their feelings at Richard

By Sean Wallace

Published: 21/09/2011

ABERDEEN FC’s Richard Foster today vowed to take the flak for another cup shame game.

Furious fans vented their anger as they booed Aberdeen FC’s flops following a League Cup shocker.

Club captain Foster was a target for fans’ frustration as Aberdeen FC crashed out to the part-time Division Two minnows.

Sounds like we were all over them tbh

Although haven't read a report for all the self flagellation that is going on.

Seems bizarre to change a team so dramatically that had shown signs of promise on Saturday.  In particular bringing Mackie and Vernon back in.

Clark as well is a fucking abomination and should get to fuck.

Good to see the tombola still alive and well at Pittodrie.  How many fucking awful results and performances have we had over the last 10yrs where we've seen players out of position and teams chopped and changed seemingly at random.  I beginning to think we must be wrong as surely Calderwood, McGhee and Brown can't all be wrong....I mean look at their wikipedia pages.

Well thank you Craig, my day has just got so much better reading that.

Was just wondering when the "I'm to blame", "Sorry for the fans", "We'll put it right on Saturday" sort of stories were going to start

Here's a tip, how about just shutting the fuck up, rip a few new arseholes behind the scenes, and just getting on with the job you're paid to do.

Without wishing to tip anyone over the edge, but am I right in thinking we gave Chris Clark a three year deal when he came back ???

Was just wondering when the "I'm to blame", "Sorry for the fans", "We'll put it right on Saturday" sort of stories were going to start

Here's a tip, how about just shutting the fuck up, rip a few new arseholes behind the scenes, and just getting on with the job you're paid to do.

Without wishing to tip anyone over the edge, but am I right in thinking we gave Chris Clark a three year deal when he came back ???

You are indeed correct. For that alone Browns position should be open to question.

Although to be fair, some previous managers would probably not have accepted the blame.

I said in the Chris Clark signs thread, that I wasn't pleased at having him back and got slated for not giving the guy a chance.

I gave him a chance during his first spell with the dons, and figured we need hungry players pulling on the shirt. Not someone coming back 'home' at the end of his career. which was why I thought it was the wrong signing.

anyone can miss a pen, but having not seen many recent games, what's his general contribution been so far?