Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Pittodrie officially up for sale

mizer

The main problem is that Loriston is out of town. The Emirates as far I remember from the Scotland v Brasil game was smack bang in the middle of urbanisation. Nice stadium, but a bit too posh for football.

The new stadium was built a stones throw from where Highbury stood. But the difference there is that The Emirates was built because Arsenal FC Club needed a larger capacity ground. They have a huge demand for their product (lol) and unlike our new ground it isn't being built soley as a ploy to make money off of the valuable land our current stadium is on.

I appreciate that Pittodrie Street needs to remain because of safety regulations or whatever but I refuse to believe there's absolutely no way around it. Even if the road was re-routed.

Then again I don't think we even need to redevelop Pittodrie. It does the job fine. It looks neglected because it is neglected.

Would you want something similar for our new Pittodrie?

Moving from a ground with no atmosphere to a ground with no atmosphere but with a supporters bar is a slight improvement!

But the Cove stadium doesn't look like its going to be anywhere near the same scale as Emirates, and I'm sure they've claimed the stands will be close to the pitch.

Moving from a ground with no atmosphere to a ground with no atmosphere but with a supporters bar is a slight improvement!

But the Cove stadium doesn't look like its going to be anywhere near the same scale as Emirates, and I'm sure they've claimed the stands will be close to the pitch.

http://www.designfootball.com/stadium-design/new-aberdeen-stadium-plans-revealed/

The stands are located close to the pitch and steeply elevated to add to the stadium atmosphere and viewing perspective.

Is there a way of stopping Stewart Milne bidding for the land as this is a conflict of interest?

I'm pretty sure the reason he's not on the committee handling the sale of the stadium/land is to avoid a conflict of interest.

I'm not sure why we would want to stop him bidding anyway, the more people interested in the land the better price we get for it.

I'm pretty sure the reason he's not on the committee handling the sale of the stadium/land is to avoid a conflict of interest.

I'm not sure why we would want to stop him bidding anyway, the more people interested in the land the better price we get for it.

Spite. Sheer spite. Pure and simple. Prick has had his way with so much in the Aberdeen area, it would be great if somebody stood up to humans he lost a potential fortune.

Could it not be the case that Milne will end up getting pittodrie On a cut price deal to continue his interest as backer of debt to the club once the new legoland structure has been built?

Has he not hot previous on shady underhand deals on getting prime land at knock down prices from Aberdeen city council?

Could it not be the case that Milne will end up getting pittodrie On a cut price deal to continue his interest as backer of debt to the club once the new legoland structure has been built?

Has he not hot previous on shady underhand deals on getting prime land at knock down prices from Aberdeen city council?

It'll go to the highest bidder.  His interest as backer of the debt will be guaranteed as long as he has the substantial shareholding he currently holds. Putting the Dons into administration would look horrendous on his record, hardly a good advert for his other business, is it?

It'll go to the highest bidder.  His interest as backer of the debt will be guaranteed as long as he has the substantial shareholding he currently holds. Putting the Dons into administration would look horrendous on his record, hardly a good advert for his other business, is it?

the cynical cunt in me cant help but think the more downtrodden scottish football becomes the easier it would be for him to spin as not his fault.  What really does my nut in about this situation is you never hear SM talking about his love for the club etc.  If you look at most spl chairmen that is usually fairly forthcoming, take the thompsons at utd for example.  Its no wonder fans suspect his motives