Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Dons V Huns

Tyrant

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that he had a flashback when he saw Naismith collapse, and not when he saw the horror tackle on Milsom. I don't suppose Rob Milsom will have an article in the Record in 24 years time talking about the day 'Wee Naisy' assaulted him.

And I hope a handful of dons fans cheering the stretcher coming on didn't offend these nice Rangers fans...

Interesting that he had a flashback when he saw Naismith collapse, and not when he saw the horror tackle on Milsom. I don't suppose Rob Milsom will have an article in the Record in 24 years time talking about the day 'Wee Naisy' assaulted him.

And I hope a handful of dons fans cheering the stretcher coming on didn't offend these nice Rangers fans...

In direct response to that clip I'd say this:

What's black and white and sits in a corner for 8 months?

Steven Naismith's boots.

SECONDS before Steven Naismith's right knee had folded leaving him in agony on the Pittodrie turf one man had already turned his head away.

For a moment Ian Durrant had been transported almost exactly 24 years back in time.

October 8, 1988 is a date etched deeply on the Ibrox coach's mind as it's the day own right knee was damaged and when he saw Naismith collapse, he saw himself.

Immediately he feared worst for the attacker had been having a season remember.

That was until Saturday. When hen Naismith's joint gave way just minutes into Rangers' match Aberdeen instinct told Durrant right away. This was serious. He didn't need to hear it Rangers' medics. He just knew.

How was this allowed to be published in a national newspaper - it's fucking illegible. Horrendous stuff.

Bit late but my take on Saturday.

Would have been interesting to see what formation Broon would have gone for if Vernon was fit.  Think 451 was a mistake and too negative, particularly in the second where we seemed to resort to long balls up to Fallon.

Milsom was a huge loss, even more so because of who was brought on to replace him.  Up till his injury Milsom was our top player, unfortunately it has been some time since the same could be suggested about Mackie.  I dare say the lack of Reserve League is a factor but he seemed to lack the fitness, speed and desire that made him such a pest to the opposition in the past and resulted in some important performances for us.  On Saturday he was again poor and our lack of options on the left my cause us more problems as the season goes on (although I would have thought Chalali might have been a better shout).

On the plus side Considine was superb and him and Mawene look like they will form a decent partnership, with Considine my Dons MotM by some distance.  Clark also put in a decent shift, especially compared to the horse shit he has shown in other games.

With a bit more luck, a bit more balls and a referee worthy of name we might have got something from that.  As it was our tactics and performance, especially 2nd half, meant we probably got what we deserved, while the ref made sure of that.

We have a decent run of games coming up.  If we can keep injuries to a minimum I would expect us to continue to  improve.....just need to get the strikers scoring more often.