🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

St. Johnstone v Dons - *Tue 13th Dec

Tyrant

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone bothers with these but here are this weeks stats:

We have a good record down there but wouldn't expect many goals.  Also didn't realise quite how good their form is and if they had won at the w/end they would be just a point behind the tims, but as it is sit in 4th.

10 Year Record vs St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park

Played 7 Won 3 Drawn 3 Lost 1For 6 Against 3

Last Dons Win 21st August 2010 1-0

Last Saints Win 16th March 2010 1-0

Last 5 v Saints:

23 Jul 2011 Aberdeen 0 - 0 St. Johnstone SPL 10,001

07 May 2011 Aberdeen 0 - 2 St. Johnstone SPL 6,361

02 Mar 2011 St. Johnstone 0 - 0 Aberdeen SPL 2,909

20 Nov 2010 Aberdeen 0 - 1 St. Johnstone SPL 7,841

21 Aug 2010 St. Johnstone 0 - 1 Aberdeen SPL 6,523

Current Form (SPL)

Aberdeen: Played 6 Won 2 Draw 1 Lost 3 For 11 Against 8

Saints: Played 6 Won 3 Draw 1 Lost 2 For 8 Against 5

Aberdeen:

LOSS 1-2 Huns (h)

LOSS 1-2 Tims (a)

WIN 3-1 Arabs (h)

WIN 4-0 v Pars (h)

LOSS 0-1 v Well (a)

DRAW 2-2 Killie (h)

Saints:

LOSS 0-1 Buddies (h)

DRAW 0-0 Arabs (a)

WIN 2-0 ICT (h)

WIN 2-1 Killie (a)

LOSS 2-3 Hibs (a)

WIN 2-0 Jambos (h)

Ive just realised, if the results don't go our way today, we could be joint bottom of the league  :-\ I think Caley's GD will save us though, barring any freak result against Killie. The league is incredibly tight this year (hun bastards excluded).

Thanks for putting a downer on my Saturday already Manc  :(

Obviously this is going to be a hellishly tight game with few goals in front of a shit crowd, quite why it's on TV I don't know.  Could go either way, and although we're down near the foot of the league, with the improved performances over the last month or so whether we win, lose or draw tomorrow I would think we will be at least challenging for top 6.  Having said that a win tomorrow would be a clear sign of our improvement and if we want to make something of this season (yeah I know define "make something") then we should be winning games like this.

In/Oot: In

Pre-match: Driving by the looks of things

Match: Away end freezing my balls off

Post-match: Driving back to weeglandia

Prediction: 0-0

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06112011/63/brown-feels-fans.html

Aberdeen  manager Craig Brown feels sorry for the Dons fans who have to travel to Perth for Monday night's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park.

The Pittodrie players have had to adapt their preparations over the weekend to suit the fixture, which has been scheduled to accommodate live television.

However, it is the travelling supporters about whom Brown is most concerned.

"We are getting used to playing at what I would call non-traditional kick-off times," he told Press Association Sport.

"We have had a Friday night kick-off against Dunfermline and a lunchtime kick-off against Rangers and now we have a Monday night kick-off. It doesn't matter to the players but I feel sorry for the fans.

"This is one of the closest away grounds to Aberdeen but still the fans won't be back home until midnight. But if we take the TV money we have to put up with it."

Aberdeen will be without striker Rory Fallon and defender Ryan Jack with both players suspended.

Rob Milsom is doubftul with an ankle problem while late decisions will be made on Scott Vernon and Peter Pawlett.

From the BBC.  Think it could be quite a stuffy game, would love to see Pawlett play if fit, get him running at them.