Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

SAF: 25 years at Man Utd

Kowalski

I can't believe its now 25 years since he left us, it feels like longer!  :hammer:

As Graeme Spiers has tweeted: SAF wins the SPL 1980 with Aberdeen. 31 years later, in 2011 he wins EPL with Man Utd. Can any other coach, in any sport, equal such a span?

I doubt it!

An outstanding manager, the greatest ever, hope he has a great day.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice tribute on Football Focus, including a wee bit about us!

You can never tire of seeing the Keegan clip getting an airing!  :thumbsup:

Aye, nice mention of Aberdeen as well :) Quite fitting that one of his old stalwarts is coming up against him on this anniversary weekend.

Sir Alex Ferguson on joining United from us:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15580808.stm

I'm sure we all know that one of those teams he speaks of is the huns. Nice.

Something like that should have been done up here a while ago to be honest

You know, these forums mean nothing, essentially, but if they were to finish today I'd say the saddest thing they ever showed was the vitriol of some towards bonafide legends.  And Fergie has probably had the most,  McGhee in second place (some of the stuff before he'd even failed ... deary me) and Miller in 3rd.  How fucking sad is that?  There has been some unspeakable shit spoken about Fergie on these forums over the years and they are a fucking disgrace basically. 

Sir Alex Ferguson is a legend, a legend that made our club the club it is.  without him?? well, we're no more than Dundee fucking United or Hearts, are we?? 

And fuck that, quite frankly.

You know, these forums mean nothing, essentially, but if they were to finish today I'd say the saddest thing they ever showed was the vitriol of some towards bonafide legends.  And Fergie has probably had the most,  McGhee in second place (some of the stuff before he'd even failed ... deary me) and Miller in 3rd.  How fucking sad is that?  There has been some unspeakable shit spoken about Fergie on these forums over the years and they are a fucking disgrace basically. 

Sir Alex Ferguson is a legend, a legend that made our club the club it is.  without him?? well, we're no more than Dundee fucking United or Hearts, are we?? 

And fuck that, quite frankly.

Agree with the sentiment but I'm not aware of too much negativity shown to Fergie on here or many other Dons forums (although I don't read The Hat).  Have I missed something?  Surely only a very tiny tiny minority of idiots could possibly have anything bad to say about him?

McGhee and Miller have certainly received some ridiculous flak, Miller in particular since he came back to the club.  I actually think Miller has received more unfair criticism than anyone else.  Criticism of McGhee's tenure as manager is fully justified IMHO but he'll always be one of our best ever strikers.

You can also add Strachan to the list!  The vitroil I've read about him is disgraceful - he's still one of the top three footballers ever to play for the Dons IMHO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2057737/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-25-years-The-men-hired-remember.html

Fergie was earning more at Aberdeen than Atkinson at Man Utd in 1986

Changed days......

I think that was possibly the only decent thing I've ever read in the Daily Mail.  It sounds like he was tapped up though - is it too late to get the lawyers in!?  ;D

Surely we'll name something after him at the new ground?

What are people's thoughts on statues of legends?

The new ground (sic) will be named after whatever two-bit company gives us tuppence-ha'penny for the sponsorship rights, not sure the "Rainbow's Taxi's Sir Alex Ferguson Stadium" is quite right.

I'd go for naming the four stands, ideally after a fan vote.  Perhaps Ferguson, Miller, Dick Donald, and a.n.other.

I think the club has hinted there would be a statue or two there as well (did they not plan to have some kind of memorial garden with the Merkland Road Granite Entrance being moved out there).  Personally I'm not keen on statues of the living so would maybe start off with Dick Donald or Chris Anderson but ultimately surely we should have Miller with the CWC in statue form