Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

SAF: 25 years at Man Utd

Kowalski

The new ground (sic) will be named after whatever two-bit company gives us tuppence-ha'penny for the sponsorship rights, not sure the "Rainbow's Taxi's Sir Alex Ferguson Stadium" is quite right.

I'd go for naming the four stands, ideally after a fan vote.  Perhaps Ferguson, Miller, Dick Donald, and a.n.other.

I think the club has hinted there would be a statue or two there as well (did they not plan to have some kind of memorial garden with the Merkland Road Granite Entrance being moved out there).  Personally I'm not keen on statues of the living so would maybe start off with Dick Donald or Chris Anderson but ultimately surely we should have Miller with the CWC in statue form

You're absolutely right. There shouldn't be an apostrophe there.  :wave:

Back on topic I don't think anyone could argue that Sir Alex isn't the greatest manager of all time. He's earned the respect of everyone everywhere and whilst he may not be unanimously liked he is unanimously respected and rightly so. Can't see there ever being anyone as great as Fergie. Whilst Aberdeen went down the shitter when he left he did such a lot for our club and gave us priceless memories DVDs and a history to be proud of (and to cling on to). Truly a great man. I'm honoured to have shaken his hand that day years ago he was at the Beach Ball Room receiving a Freedom of Aberdeen award.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

You're absolutely right. There shouldn't be an apostrophe there.  :wave:

Back on topic I don't think anyone could argue that Sir Alex isn't the greatest manager of all time. He's earned the respect of everyone everywhere and whilst he may not be unanimously liked he is unanimously respected and rightly so. Can't see there ever being anyone as great as Fergie. Whilst Aberdeen went down the shitter when he left he did such a lot for our club and gave us priceless memories DVDs and a history to be proud of (and to cling on to). Truly a great man. I'm honoured to have shaken his hand that day years ago he was at the Beach Ball Room receiving a Freedom of Aberdeen award.

Err, I don't think so. The 90/91 team were sublime. We were competitive and won the Mason League Cup against the masons, at the third time of asking. We were a force post Fergie, obviously not as effective as he was a superb manager and as you say, probably the best of all time.

Doesn't make him a nice person. Goteborg was the greatest 24 hours of my life, better than the wedding and the birth of my four. But Fergie is a cunt. Cunts aren't necessarily bad quite obviously but he's a bad cunt, a stinking rotten cunt with bits of mince and carrot and the odd pea floating aboot cos the last punter was sick down there.

Err, I don't think so. The 90/91 team were sublime. We were competitive and won the Mason League Cup against the masons, at the third time of asking. We were a force post Fergie, obviously not as effective as he was a superb manager and as you say, probably the best of all time.

Doesn't make him a nice person. Goteborg was the greatest 24 hours of my life, better than the wedding and the birth of my four. But Fergie is a cunt. Cunts aren't necessarily bad quite obviously but he's a bad cunt, a stinking rotten cunt with bits of mince and carrot and the odd pea floating aboot cos the last punter was sick down there.

No need.  Can you not just leave it alone for once?

Ahhh... one speaks, the others wade in.

Facts gentlemen. Let's not deviate from them.

bb, I detest the man obviously - with good reason - but how often do I utter my detestation? Twice, thrice a year?

So why does this merit your unfounded allegation of foghornedness?

Is free speech not allowed on this site?

Look where your love and adulation of JC got him? No fucking gig, that's where, cos he's shite.

Just recognise when the wise speak, you fuckers should just STFU and listen.

Or at least permit freedom of speech.

We never learn when we resent those who are cleverer than us. And I'm the sensei.

According to cliquefuck.

I must say that preventing Chelski and Mourinho getting three in a row was awesome management by SAF.

If he wins it this year, against a lesser manager with a far bigger wallet, it will be equally awesome management.

The rat Glazers have starved SAF of funds and he has big weaknesses in his squad, an ageing back line and an even older midfield so against Mancini with his limitless funds, to beat them this year would be an incredible achievement and yet another mark of the man's supremacy. He's made big mistakes along the way, this year in the CL and v. Everton in the semi last year in particular but he's keeping on going like the Duracell bunny much longer than my expectations.

There will be some shit thrown at him in the media one day. Like serious heavy shit. Mark my words.

Yes sensei.

You speak, we learn.

You're not capable of learning because you're not capable of listening.

You think you know it all already.

The bible has a quote for you. Matthew 67 I think.

Whoever knows the all but fails to know himself lacks everything.

I detest your type the most. Arrogant is ok by me if there's a hint of foundation behind it. It is immature to be arrogant but it's ok if the youth has some degree of talent. Cunts like you have nothing. A loveless sad act.

You're not capable of learning because you're not capable of listening.

You think you know it all already.

The bible has a quote for you. Matthew 67 I think.

Whoever knows the all but fails to know himself lacks everything.

I detest your type the most. Arrogant is ok by me if there's a hint of foundation behind it. It is immature to be arrogant but it's ok if the youth has some degree of talent. Cunts like you have nothing. A loveless sad act.

What a complete fanny!! Quoting the bible!

What a complete fanny!! Quoting the bible!

I read it once. I reckoned it was quite a good idea to read what I was instinctively rejecting, so my total rejection was founded.

Much as I reject ALL organised religions, there are some great truths within many of them. Not read the Koran but within eastern philosophies and some Buddhist writings, there is some hugely educational material.

Your mind is too closed. Your maps are fixed. There's a world outside your head. You should look at it.

Never said I hadn't read the bible, just quoting it is for fannys.

I didn't say that you hadn't. You miss the point. Again.

I'm afraid that that was quite possibly the most ignorant of all posts. Even by your standards, that's a remarkably stupid post.

The time I'm investing in your spiritual development is severely generous, don't you think?

Do you know why I do it?

Its actually a really shit quote, just patronizing nonsense at the end of the day................. not surprising given the book its published in.

Thing that gets me is rocket that you claim to respect freedom of speech but the moment someone disagrees with anything you say you respond with vitriol.  Makes it very hard to take you seriously.

Severley generous?

Unlikely. I have no spirituality.

Christ. You get even more stupid and I'm not talking about your fuckwit spelling.

You are not a spiritual being. Ergo, you are a scientific being, a being of flesh and blood, body and mind and nothing else?

Either your instinct is fucked or your mind. I reckon the latter as it fits with all the previous evidence.

The arrogance of atheism is as disgusting as the hypocrisy of piety. I pity you.

Yet I still help you. WHY do I do it, TF? Why do I waste my time on you?

Its actually a really shit quote, just patronizing nonsense at the end of the day................. not surprising given the book its published in.

Thing that gets me is rocket that you claim to respect freedom of speech but the moment someone disagrees with anything you say you respond with vitriol. Makes it very hard to take you seriously.

You speak on behalf of others? How arrogant. Who the fuck do you think you are?

A shit quote? You don't even understand it. You're just batting for your equally sad "mate", you virtual pal.

No way on earth that I respond to good debate with vitriol. Never have. Never will. Prove it. You're speaking shite.