Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Aberdeen v Motherwell

glasgow sheep

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye saw it on the news the other week - what a shitehole, but its more fun that way. Plus its quite likely one of the managers will get sacked.

It's highly unlikely that one of them will get sacked. Dave Whelan is known for his loyalty towards managers and has publically stated that he'll never sack Martinez and Venky's have made it abundantly clear that they'll back Kean to the hilt.  :wave:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16112011/58/spl-hughes-returns-motherwell.html

Stephen Hughes has signed for former club Motherwell until January 3, the Lanarkshire club have confirmed.

The 29-year-old was a free agent after leaving Norwich, and after being invited to train at Fir Park by boss Stuart McCall, he impressed in three bounce games which led to the offer of a short-term contract.

The former Rangers and Leicester midfielder, who played for the Steelmen between 2007 and 2009, will go straight into the first-team squad for Saturday's trip to Aberdeen in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20111116/redmatchday-magazine-issue-10_2212158_2517955

In this weeks redmatchdaymagazine there is an in depth conversation with Andrew Considine. If the team has been up and down so far, Considine's level of performance has been uniformly high and if the Player of the Season were to be chosen now, he'd be right in the running. In the interview, the defender who is one of the brightest players at the club, speaks openly about his career so far and why he is confident AFC has a bright future. 

....."Even if you look at the teams in the English Premiership or Champions League who have huge squads, it is still important for them to try and keep the same starting XI, especially when they are playing in the bigger games. Everyone gets to know each other and know each other's games. We understand each other better now and that shows on the park.

....."Honest truth, I am just happy I am playing every week, that is all that matters to me. I am in the team and enjoying my football at the moment. I feel that if I am enjoying my football, things will go well. As a team we have been pretty solid lately. We are keeping the same eleven every week and that helps, especially at the back where I think I've got a good understanding with Youl.

Andrew Considine ....."Big Youl is a great guy to have next to you, he has so much experience and he has played at a good level in England. I get on very well with Youl off the pitch which helps, but all the new guys are very easy to get on with. Everyone has complete respect for each other.

....."Isaac and Arnie screen Youl and myself really well. The amount of times I have seen them make crucial challenges when the ball is coming into the striker, that is what we have been crying out for, that type of player and now we have two of them! They are both quality footballers and hopefully they will be here for many years to come. They've been a big help to me and Youl.

....."What's nice is to see the younger guys mixing with the older ones because that has not always happened in the past. Before, as a young player you were almost scared to speak to a senior players but as the years go on, things change. The young boys now come into the first team dressing room and crack jokes and have fun. Everyone is together.

....."I was speaking to my dad before the season started and he said six goals wouldn't be a bad target. I have got myself off to a decent start but with the height we have in the team now with big Rory, Scott, Youl, myself, Kari and Rory means we are far more dangerous from set pieces. I think we have already scored quite a number of goals from set plays. When you go up for a corner now, you feel something might happen instead of just making a long run up the park for no reason. We are also dangerous at free-kicks as well. We do spend a lot of time in training working on them, so we should be scoring goals from corners and free kicks".

....."For me, last season I was suddenly one of the older boys, which is incredible at 24! Thankfully Craig has brought in a number of experienced guys and it does help having some experienced boys about the place. I don't mind being classified as one of the old guys 10 years down the line but at the moment I still classify myself as young! I might not look it, but I still feel it!"

To read the interview in full buy a copy of redmatchdaymagazine on Saturday. It is available from outside and inside the stadium and from the club shop.

Frustrating game and showed up our biggest problems this season, lack of creativity and lack of strength in depth.  We were the better side and in terms of possession in territory deserved at the very least a point.  Problem was we really created very little against what to be fair was a stubborn, packed and decent well defence.  The first goal came from a a ridiculously amateur foul committed by McArdle and how we lost the 2nd to a ball through the middle to a guy on his own with two defenders next to him I'm not sure (cracking finish however).  With Arniston, Fallon and Jack we would have got more from that game but we will not have our first XI on the park more often than we do.  I would suggest in Jan we need cover for the full back positions and some kind of width (Sone?).  I've come away from many games this season feeling we deserved more than we got but that isn't going to help us and being joint bottom this far into the season is completely unacceptable.

I've already seen people calling for Broon's head and that pressure is only likely to increase.  Terrible crowd on what was a gorgeous day in Aberdeen is also concerning, especially after two such good home victories before the OF games and enforced break.  A win next week is a must then with Killie, St Mirren, Hibs and ICT in the following games if we don't pick up a decent collection of points we never will this season.

Finally on a side note, and I have posted at length elsewhere about this, but yet again a shocking display from the Police and Stewards in the away end.  'Well fans didn't help themselves but they very near caused a riot yesterday out of thin air.  The continued drive to prevent people from having any fun or excitement at football continues a pace.

first game back in Aberdeen for a while and all i can say is ouch !

23 quid to watch my beloved Aberdeen give a very week unenthusiastic performance , After the first goal Ithought oh  no dinna do this . But to give them credit they came back and got the equqlizer with what I thought was good attacking football. then once they got that they simply seemed to switch off  ?? our manager from what I could see stood the whole time like some old granpa doon the park feeding the ducks , didnt seem to get riled once or show any enthusiasim  :hammer:

mybe he has given up or his doctor has said watch the blood pressure I dont know. Osblunder cant control the ball when it was played at his feet , and once one nil down for long periods we reverted to pundies up the park (unfortunatly no doug rougvie to say theres the ba and mix it up) >:D

I really do fear for the future , stadium will be sold we will be (playing like this )relegated  and then we may as well shut the door  >:(

Blog on the whole by a Motherwell supporting pal: http://theeaststand.wordpress.com/

Good read that, and again just follows what we've all been saying. Scottish football is bad enough but ejecting people for creating an atmosphere is ridiculous. Especially to watch that over priced pish. How much do teams charge in Wales and northern Ireland?