Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Gonzalez

mizer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here's a mental idea.. call off Langfield's loan move and put him in goals?

A better idea would be to sign a half decent keeper even from the first division instead of fannying about with the pish we have.

Not long ago Langfield was crap according to most on here but now because the others are so bad we want him back

A better idea would be to sign a half decent keeper even from the first division instead of fannying about with the pish we have.

Not long ago Langfield was crap according to most on here but now because the others are so bad we want him back

We definitely need a new no.1. I don't want to see langfield in the first team again. He's one of the reasons we haven't had a chance of winning anything.

Langfield is a capable 2nd choice to Brown. No idea why people have written Brown off already. Been impressed with what little I've seen of him.

I don't think you're referring to me, but I just don't want Langfield back. If Brown is worthy of no.1 i'll be happy for him to be it.

Langfield is a capable 2nd choice to Brown. No idea why people have written Brown off already. Been impressed with what little I've seen of him.

Admittedly I've not seen much of him. I think it was against Killie that he played? And I remember him being shite. Although he could well still be better than Langfield and Gonzalez.

Admittedly I've not seen much of him. I think it was against Killie that he played? And I remember him being shite. Although he could well still be better than Langfield and Gonzalez.

This is my recollection. Surely it is more than just about the individual performance of the keeper but also how he organises his defence and reacts to players in front of him, both of which Los Flappos had major issues with last Saturday, I've never seen a keeper look so nervous and indecisive as Gonzo last week.

I have had a look back at the 15 games he has played this season and looked at the goals conceded and the number of shots on target and from that calculated a % successful save figure for each game. From that I divided the season into 5 sections with 3 games per section to see if there was any trends as it defiantly feels like he is worse right now.

Clipboard01-23.jpg

So looking at the figures;

First 3 games - 9 saves per goal conceded

Second 3 games - 7 saves per goal conceded

Third 3 games - 6 saves per goal conceded

Fourth 3 games - 6 saves per goal conceded

last 3 games - 3 saves per goal conceded

I have had a look back at the 15 games he has played this season and looked at the goals conceded and the number of shots on target and from that calculated a % successful save figure for each game. From that I divided the season into 5 sections with 3 games per section to see if there was any trends as it defiantly feels like he is worse right now.

Clipboard01-23.jpg

ffs fuck sake how much time do you have on your hands?

So looking at the figures;

First 3 games - 9 saves per goal conceded

Second 3 games - 7 saves per goal conceded

Third 3 games - 6 saves per goal conceded

Fourth 3 games - 6 saves per goal conceded

last 3 games - 3 saves per goal conceded