Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Can somebody at AFC get hold of our captain and tell him to STFU

mizer

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2011/12/02/rangers-new-boy-sone-aluko-will-silence-critics-and-become-an-ibrox-hit-says-aberdeen-s-richard-foster-86908-23604351/

RICHARD FOSTER last night backed Sone Aluko to silence the boo boys and become a hit at Rangers.

The Nigerian was made scapegoat after his mistake led to the champions' first league defeat of the season at Kilmarnock on Sunday.

But Aberdeen captain Foster, who helped lift the title at Ibrox when on loan last season, is confident his former Dons team-mate will rise above the criticism and prove an asset to Ally McCoist.

Foster said: "I think Sone will do well. He showed when he was here he was a very good player.

"He certainly excited the Aberdeen fans during his time here as he can change a game in a split-second.

"I played left-back and he was in front of me a lot of the time. We struck up a good partnership and he was a joy to play with. I wish him well at Rangers.

"He is certainly good enough to play every week. If he was still at Aberdeen I have no doubt he would be playing for us.

"He has been kicking his heels for a while now and just needs games.

"Ally McCoist knows what he's doing. He won't throw him in week after week but once he's match fit he's capable of becoming a fixture in the team."

However, the Dons star warned Aluko he won't be allowed to "disappear" in games the way he often did at Pittodrie.

Foster said: "I don't think anybody can go missing in games. If a player isn't performing, any manager will change things but even more so at Rangers and Celtic.

"Fans demand a certain level of performance every week and if you are not performing, you will end up out of the team.

"At Rangers, there is a different pressure because every game must be won.

"Aberdeen have games in which a draw is acceptable but at Rangers you need to win the lot.

"Dropping points is just not acceptable and that brings a different pressure but I feel Sone can cope.

"Settling in depends on the dressing room but luckily for me the players at Rangers were great and so were the fans. They wiped the slate clean and let me show what I could do. Hopefully, Sone will get the same opportunity.

"I spoke to him briefly and he's just happy to be back playing football."

lets hope our inspriational captain doesnt do the team talks. It may be true, but you don't say it - especially as captain.

That article is without doubt the most embarassing one I've ever seen atributed to an employee of our club.

If Brown and Knox had any balls, they'd have Foster in the office right now, fined the max possible (probably two weeks wages) and stripped of the captaincy.

My patience with all things AFC is wearing thinner and thinner with every passing week.

If we had any first team player who was even half competent at LB this fucking clown wouldn't even be in the team on current form never mind Captain.  As it is as a captain he ranks up there with Mark Kerr for ineffectuallness (if that is a word). Obviously our players are thick as pig shit but even then who comes out and admits publically that 2nd best is good enough in their job?

Oh for fucks sake, yesterdays quotes was just the aperitif.

Aberdeen skipper Richard Foster: I won league at Rugby Park last season - now I'm fighting relegation

I was on the bench but didn't get on that day at Kilmarnock. It was a great game to watch as we were three goals up after six minutes.

"It made for an amazing game to know we were going to clinch the title and it was an incredible occasion in terms of the celebrations there and at Ibrox afterwards.

"There was a lot of nerves beforehand but it's frightening as you tell those boys to do something and they go and do it. After losing to Dundee United we had to win the rest of our games and hope Celtic slipped up and that's exactly what happened before putting five past Kilmarnock.

"The mentality of their players was different class but that's the sort of determination we have to show when we go to Killie as we need a win.

"The circumstances are a lot different but I would be just as happy if we are three goals up after six minutes. Of course Kilmarnock beat Rangers last weekend but we also know they lost six goals at home to Inverness recently.

"They try to play football but if we get in about them from the start and show what we can do then hopefully we will be the ones getting the bulk of the goals.

"We need a positive result and while we showed character to fight back for a draw at Dunfermline the goals we are losing are criminal.

"Coming back from two goals behind at least gave us a boost to take into this match as we showed there's nothing wrong with the spirit and the character of the team.

"It was difficult for me to gauge the mood of the players at this time last year as I was at Rangers but looking from the outside they seemed to lack confidence.

"I would argue we have more ability in the squad this year but not by that much.

"We have shown in certain games that we can play a bit and create chances but right now we have a bad combination of not taking those chances and struggling defensively. You're always going to struggle in the league if that's the case.

"But if we win there then everything will look rosy again. That's what is keeping us alive at the moment - the league is very tight at the bottom with nothing much between a number of clubs.

"If you go on an unbeaten run for a few games it will take you right up the table. We have to play a lot of the teams in our area of the table between now and Christmas so it will be very important for how things shape up for the rest of the season."

Foster has tried to lead by example to instil some of Rangers' winning qualities in his side and reverse their under-achieving campaign.

The defender added: "I like to think I am fair and try to lift the boys by getting involved rather than just standing there telling them what to do.

"It's strange during games like Dunfermline because when we went 3-1 down I didn't have to say much to get them going again. Just falling that far behind was all the kick they needed to fight to salvage pride but we need to start playing before that happens.

"When you're captain, the fans maybe direct their anger more at me now I'm in the role. But it's part of the job to keep that away from the younger boys."

:hammer:

The red text was not his quote but has made me livid, even though it is clearly a wind up.

Oh for fucks sake, yesterdays quotes was just the aperitif.

:hammer:

The red text was not his quote but has made me livid, even though it is clearly a wind up.

Why get wound up by something written in the Retard?  Why are you even reading it? ???

Its a horrendous rag.

My patience with all things AFC is wearing thinner and thinner with every passing week.

And so we end another week, and my love of all things AFC (running to close to fifty years) diminishes yet even further. Another week, another waste of money.  >:(

oooft. Big Al is going to ban you now!  ;)

the humour is most welcome...... helps me deal with the pain I'm feeling.

Just watched the "highlights" on BBC Scotland. Thought the first goal was bad at the time, but a damn site worse seeing it for a second time.

the humour is most welcome...... helps me deal with the pain I'm feeling.

Just watched the "highlights" on BBC Scotland. Thought the first goal was bad at the time, but a damn site worse seeing it for a second time.

Luckily I wasn't quite close enough to the front for the camera to show me starting to applaud when Considine headed it back then realising what an arse he'd made of it.