Should we punt Craig Brown?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ain't seen a team in my life less worse watching. i was definitely going to go to the Hibs game but ram it. to watch us probably get gubbed at home. cost me hundreds o pounds tae get fae Shetland. no chance. our supporters group is dwindlng. Fuck off s Milne. Craig brown. . . your respect to football is due, but you ain't Gonna make that happen just now. we need complete shake up. bring on an earthquake at Pittodrie. stand free.

I ain't seen a team in my life less worse watching. i was definitely going to go to the Hibs game but ram it. to watch us probably get gubbed at home. cost me hundreds o pounds tae get fae Shetland. no chance. our supporters group is dwindlng. Fuck off s Milne. Craig brown. . . your respect to football is due, but you ain't Gonna make that happen just now. we need complete shake up. bring on an earthquake at Pittodrie. stand free.

:wino: :wino: :wino: :wino: :wino: :wino:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

So...

Pretty hard to complain about the job he's done. Our team is cracking at the moment. Even the criticisms of Langfield and Vernon - though some points are valid - look pathetic while they help form a team that actually knows how to play.

Most significantly, after the huge split in dons support after JMG I think the current boss has managed to unite us again. If only more were turning up (he says living in Englanshire).

Craig Brown for Scotland?

So...

Pretty hard to complain about the job he's done. Our team is cracking at the moment. Even the criticisms of Langfield and Vernon - though some points are valid - look pathetic while they help form a team that actually knows how to play.

Most significantly, after the huge split in dons support after JMG I think the current boss has managed to unite us again. If only more were turning up (he says living in Englanshire).

Craig Brown for Scotland?

3 wins from 9 SPL games aint exactly setting the heather on fire.......yet. Long may this 2 game run continue!

3 wins from 9 SPL games aint exactly setting the heather on fire.......yet. Long may this 2 game run continue!

Perhaps not but it depends on how you look at it.

Unbeaten in the league since... day 1 isn't it?! (could be wrong, cant be arsed checking), now scoring goals, playing decent football, beat 2 teams performing very well in the last 2 weeks, respectable league position and in touch with those above us...

Yeah its pish isnt it!

;)

Brown was brought in to clean up the mess mcghee made and after what can only be described as a grueling year the fruits of his labour are starting to show. We are all very happy about this and rightly so. That said there is little room for sentiment in football and i don't think it's unreasonable to be considering the options for the succession of a 72yo manager.

We're playing some beautiful football this season. The first game was an all-round shocker, and you must remember Celtic didn't win that game ... Langfield LOST that game! If only our efforts on goal earlier in the season were more accurate, we could've easily been clear at the top of the league by now. Remember thrashing Hearts 0-0?

We're playing some beautiful football this season. The first game was an all-round shocker, and you must remember Celtic didn't win that game ... Langfield LOST that game! If only our efforts on goal earlier in the season were more accurate, we could've easily been clear at the top of the league by now. Remember thrashing Hearts 0-0?

We need to get away from this kind of pish straight away, players make mistakes, they always will make mistakes.  Yes Langfield fucked up at that goal but you could also point the finger at the defence not bothering to mark commons(?!). 

No point blaming one person for the result of 90 mins of football.

Thrashing Hearts without scoring is just one of those things in football, we seem to have clicked now and goals are coming more freely, enjoy it rather than moaning about what could have been.  Its a tight league this year, it wont take too much to keep climbing.

That said there is little room for sentiment in football and i don't think it's unreasonable to be considering the options for the succession of a 72yo manager.

There's a huge difference between planning for the future when Brown decides to call it a day and punting him. I'm all for having a plan in place for when he decides he's had enough but right now I'm dead against punting him.

It could simply be a case of the players taking a bit of time to get used to the system and Brown needing to tweak it a bit to get it right.

With a couple of exceptions we have been brilliant this season and finally are getting the rewards the team and manager deserve. I think the biggest difference in the last two weeks has been McGinn and if he had been fit we may well be clear at the top.

I really hope with a home game on a Saturday at three we will see a big crowd v Dundee at the end if the month. But then we saw a two thousand drop after perhaps our best performance of the season v hearts that still saw some morons booing.

Seems to be a great spirit amongst the players and I'd happily pay the entrance fee every week just to watch wee Ryan Fraser. But perhaps the biggest influence has been Anderson. We missed him badly when he went down south and his proffesionalism and attitude make such a difference to the team. Best captain since the days of big eck when he took over from Willie?

I'm as pleased as the next person that Russell Anderson is back in having a very positive impact. What I don't like are the people that are still going out of their way to highlight every slight mistake from him. When he came on against Dunfermline he slipped and the tirade of abuse he got calling him all the names under the sun from some fans was embarrassing. As we all know he went on to change the game completely and his bravery led to the winning goal. I wasn't at the game yesterday but I saw the highlights on Sportscene. Does anyone think he was in any way at fault for the first goal? I was getting messages slating his performance from about 3:05 onwards. He did have a slight lapse in concentration in the second half which was on the highlights. Other than that how did he do? Worthy of the slating he got from some on Saturday? He must save all these "poor" performances for when I'm not there because he's always been solid and dependable when I've watched him.

Agree with GS regarding Fraser. Absolute breath of fresh air. As I've already said I hope we're working on getting him signed up long term. Really pleased with the result on Saturday. We rarely get anything from Rugby Park let alone come from behind to win so convincingly. Long may it go on! Looking at our league position our win last week against Hibs was really important.

If teams play against the horrible weegie green minks with no fear there's no reason why this can't be a genuinely competitive league season. We have to work hard to keep this run going. Here's something I've not said for a long fucking time: I'm looking forward to the next game. Wish the international break was some other time. COYR!

Perhaps that was me complaining about Anderson for Killie's first. On reviewing the highlights again, he did fuckup once against Killie, but it was well into the second half, and didnt lead to a Killie goal. I wasnt really singling him out for this fuckup, I was stating that I recognise he previously would have one howler per season with us, and I was hoping that this would be it. Lets face it, he has been inspirational for us on his return to the club.

With Hayes and Fraser carving up the wings, I am really enjoying watching this season's Aberdeen team in action. Also helps that our strikers are starting to take the goal-scoring mantle from the ever-industrious midfield.

I like Anderson and think he's played well since coming back, thought he was one of the best players against Hibs. He had a poor game against Kilmarnock though I felt. His delivery was awful and positionally he looked poor as well as looking a little caught out a couple of times. That is the first poor match I've seen him have since coming back and overall feel very pleased with his performances this season.