Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Maguire on his way back to Pittodrie

mizer

Apparently going to be on the STV news, presumably on loan till the end of the season.

Thoughts?

Never saw or heard the sports news, so given apparent lack of reporting in the papers today, I'm guessing this wasn't mentioned  ???

• 1 month later...

Fuck him.

Need to send a clear message to these young guns that if they fail in their 'dream moves' to the likes of Derby then they're likely to rot there, and we won't be there to pick up the pieces.

Sadly I can't see Maguire having enough brains to realise he has a second chance and he'll probably return thinking he's the star of the show. Billy Bigbaws himself.

Didn't Dundee try and get Mackie on such a loan deal?

From what I have read before its only the leagues outside the top flight in England that are allowed to sign loan players outside the transfer windows. Cannot remember seeing that had been extended to Scotland but possibly has.

From what I have read before its only the leagues outside the top flight in England that are allowed to sign loan players outside the transfer windows. Cannot remember seeing that had been extended to Scotland but possibly has.

The Championship, L1 and L2 don't have a transfer window.. but that's different from being able to sign someone on an emergency loan.

The Championship, L1 and L2 don't have a transfer window.. but that's different from being able to sign someone on an emergency loan.

They do have a transfer window. The English (and I thought the Scottish started this season)  football leagues also have a loan window that runs 8th September to 25th November and 8th February to 24th March. In which clubs can loan a player on an "emergency" loan for up to a maximum of 93 days in one season with no recall within the first 28 days unless the player is a goalkeeper. Youth loans are for players under 21 and can be open ended with no recall within the first 28 days at all (whether the player is an outfield player or goalkeeper).

These rules have applied in the Football League since the inception of transfer windows but FIFA are unhappy with them and have told the Football League that all loans outside of a transfer window must be abolished by the 2014-15 season.