Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Club to appeal Pawletts red card v hibs

mizer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the bets the SFA feel they have to nulify the Red Card but Ban Pawlett for a couple of games so the Blue Noses don't jump on the bandwagon and throw their Hun Dummy's out their prams over Aluko's "Faster than a Russian Sub" dive and the new "Conspirecies" against them  :-\

You're probably right!

Welcome aboard too  :thumbsup:

What's the bets the SFA feel they have to nulify the Red Card but Ban Pawlett for a couple of games so the Blue Noses don't jump on the bandwagon and throw their Hun Dummy's out their prams over Aluko's "Faster than a Russian Sub" dive and the new "Conspirecies" against them  :-\

Odds on I would guess.

Mind you aren't the SFA victimising Rangers these days so maybe they'll just let him off with a quiet word  :thumbsup:

Rescinding the red and giving the same ban as aluko got is a fair cop. No right to complain about other teams cheating if we aren't happy to accept punishment ourselves.

This should really be a massive season for Pawlett. He has to deliver the goods, not flop about like a daft wee fanny.

Sproule and Stevenson have both admitted there was contact at the penalty. I dont think either has claimed he dived and even at the time they were claiming they got the ball, not that he dived. At worst it was a fair tackle which the ref got wrong.

Diving is the latest buzz word so any penalty given for something less than a blatant headbutt, stabbing, gunshot to the back of the head will have the 'oooh was it a dive' conversation

Pretty short conversation now Sproule has said there was "contact". Most "pundits" seem to promote the notion that is all that is required. I disagree but it's a very widely held "opinion" in the game. Evens up an equally poor decision not to award a pen against St Mirren, another widely quoted belief, that poor decisions "even themselves up over a season".

Aberdeen winger Peter Pawlett is set to be handed a two-game suspension by the Scottish Football Association's compliance officer today for diving to win a penalty against Hibernian. (the Sun)

Surely O'Connor's 2 attempts at blatant diving in the game is just as bad , but for us to actually get the decision in the box does not make any attempts to con the ref any worse. No matter where on the pitch it happens it's still blatant cheating and any ban for Pawlett could potentially open up a huge can of worms for the SFA. O'Connor was actually booked for simulation so the ref obviously thought he tried to cheat .....

What nobody has mentioned, and as much as I'm new to commenting on Donstalk I've been following it for years, go to the majoruity of the games, so I'm just gonna say what I think ,,, is that it wasn't the Ref who decided Red , it was the Linesman who was standing 5 yards from the non contact tackle !!!!!  You can see Callum Murray not going for his card, speaking to the Linesman and then mouthing the word " Red " before he took a card out , so it was the Linesman who confirmed it was getting later in the game and they might not get a better chance to send a player in Red off ... perfect Hun with a Whistle teamwork >:D

Huns produced photographic evidence that there was contact on Aluko (supplied by the Daily Record funnily enough) but SFA still up held the ban as it was deemed to be minimal. Suspect them to do the same on Pawlet.

To be honest I am not convinced that he did not dive as soon as he felt contact so should be punished as contact was not enough to cause him to fall over. Game is being ruinned (okay one of the many things) by players falling over becuase they felt the slightest contact and not because they have actually been fouled.