Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Club to appeal Pawletts red card v hibs

mizer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck sake, why not appeal?

Flipped over yet again. :hammer:

Apparently the official line is Thomson has admitted he made a mistake in awarding the penalty and it'll cost AFC cash to appeal something they don't believe they can win.

Well and truely rogered once again, and Pawlett gets a reputation of being a diver ::)

Apparently the official line is Thomson has admitted he made a mistake in awarding the penalty and it'll cost AFC cash to appeal something they don't believe they can win.

Well and truely rogered once again, and Pawlett gets a reputation of being a diver ::)

So long as the red card is similarly rescinded. Presumably the useless cunt has also admitted to getting that wrong too?

Surely a no-win, no-fee type deal on these things would make sense?

Or it's just another way for the OF to buy their way to the top.

:hammer:

Fees were brought in to prevent clubs appealing decisions even when they knew they had no chance of winning just to delay suspensions. You get the money back if the appeal is successful I believe.

As I said previously SFA set a precident when they said contact on Aluko was minimal and not enough to justify Aluko going down. Pawlet was similar situation. He did make the contact look a lot worse than it was and therefore is guilty of simulation. I just hope we see this applied to all the other teams in the league and we see an end to players throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest touch. Not holding my breath.

Indeed, I thought it was a dive.

As do I but here's the thing, there are enough cunts in the media and football in general who will insist that "contact" is sufficient grounds to go down. Perhaps this could be an opportunity to nail these cunts, and presumably the cunts that do it too.

What I simply cannot get is why O'Connor's dive was not worthy of a 2 game ban, at best it was as bad as Pawlett and Aluko's.

As do I but here's the thing, there are enough cunts in the media and football in general who will insist that "contact" is sufficient grounds to go down. Perhaps this could be an opportunity to nail these cunts, and presumably the cunts that do it too.

What I simply cannot get is why O'Connor's dive was not worthy of a 2 game ban, at best it was as bad as Pawlett and Aluko's.

Ok, that makes more sense. Still haven't seen O'Connor's actually.

can't see the justification in anyone saying this has anything to do with the sfa/rangers/anything at all apart from a player cheating and getting punished.

Football is a contact sport. Contact alone therefore is not equivalent to a foul. I'm ashamed we won a game by cheating and completely understand why we've taken the 2 game ban while appealing the red card.

There's plenty to get your knickers in a twist about, but not this!

can't see the justification in anyone saying this has anything to do with the sfa/rangers/anything at all apart from a player cheating and getting punished.

Football is a contact sport. Contact alone therefore is not equivalent to a foul. I'm ashamed we won a game by cheating and completely understand why we've taken the 2 game ban while appealing the red card.

There's plenty to get your knickers in a twist about, but not this!

To be honest, i used to be of the same opinion, but nowadays because the game has been allowed to descend into a farce I think Pawlett was right. I don't give a shit any more, we've had it against us countless of times and I don't care what anyone says, they do not even themselves over the course of the season. There have been more shameful and less convincing dives (see Aluko and O'connor for starters). We need the points, I don't care how they come anymore.

Totally agree manc at the end of the day we won the game because of it and this is way more important.  His red card will be rescinded surely and he will be out for two games.  I dont like it but i think the sfa were right to nail pawlett for this and have shown consistency by doing it which is to their credit. One thing no one has mentioned is that if the sfa maintain this standard players will stop chucking themselves down in the box so much which is no bad thing.  It does my head in when a player goes down unconvincingly when if they had fought for the ball they would have been in for an assist or goal scoring opportunity.

Totally agree manc at the end of the day we won the game because of it and this is way more important.  His red card will be rescinded surely and he will be out for two games.  I dont like it but i think the sfa were right to nail pawlett for this and have shown consistency by doing it which is to their credit. One thing no one has mentioned is that if the sfa maintain this standard players will stop chucking themselves down in the box so much which is no bad thing.  It does my head in when a player goes down unconvincingly when if they had fought for the ball they would have been in for an assist or goal scoring opportunity.

I did. see bit in bold.

As I said previously SFA set a precident when they said contact on Aluko was minimal and not enough to justify Aluko going down. Pawlet was similar situation. He did make the contact look a lot worse than it was and therefore is guilty of simulation. I just hope we see this applied to all the other teams in the league and we see an end to players throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest touch. Not holding my breath.

Craig Brown defends Aberdeen FC winger Pawlett

‘Peter would never take a dive’

By Sean Wallace

Published: 22/12/2011

CRAIG Brown today remained defiant that Peter Pawlett is not a diver – despite Aberdeen FC accepting the SFA’s charge of simulation.

The Aberdeen FC boss confirmed the appeal was dropped because referee Craig Thomson admitted he got the penalty claim with Pawlett wrong.

Brown feared the winger, who was also red carded, could be hit with a six-game ban.

:-\