Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

New Captain

glasgow sheep
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I suspect this poll will be somewhat superfluous but here goes.  I'll just name "possible" candidates.

Arnie - best, most experienced player at the club

Ossie - bit of grit and bite about him

Consi - is he now the longest serving outfield player

Mawene - regular CB and here for a bit I think

Langfield - been captain before

Milsom - regular and prev captain for Fulham (reserves)

Vernon - regular starter and goal scorer

Clark - well if he picked Fozzie anything is possible

Would prefer Arnie but would prefer if it was given to him as part of a new contract

Arnason has been handed the armband for tomorrow.

Wouldn't necessarily read too much into that though,on account of current vice captain being suspended.

On a seperate note, got to laugh reading posts elsewhere about how Arnie will sign on again if we offer him the captain's armband. That is clearly complete and utter tosh. To someone like him given the choice of £3k per week and captain of Aberdeen or double that in the Championship and not being captain which do you think he will go for  ???

Shocked, that despite his age, there's no mention of Jack. He's a local boy who we have on a slightly longer deal than most.  So I'll pick him!

Never even considered him.  Suppose Martin Buchan was captain at quite a young age but not sure Jack is a leader on the park yet never mind captain material