Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Arnason leaving

tlg1903

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Original 106 saying that the contract negotiations are at a stalemate...thanks for being with us Kari, the board are too short sighted to know what they're doing here. A player that genuinely excites the fans, that would be worth its money in shirt sales alone.

Obviously I don't know what the offer is and I don't want the club held to ransom, but given their history the club need to pull out all the stops.

I think its fair to say we won't be mucked around by this guy. Nice to know that he appreciates the fans support, hopefully the board do too. Read the story this morning and assumed it was a nothing story, which I guess it is but still.

From EE

There is no reason to think at this stage that I will not be staying at Aberdeen

I am very comfortable at both the club and the city

I really cannot see myself moving in Janaury as I love playing for Aberdeen

It is brilliant to see the banners they show the support the fans have for me, by doing stuff like that they really make me feel at home

The fans are fantastic and it is a great club

What I don't understand is how we can have the budget to think about bringing in  other people like this Nigerian striker, but we can't choose instead to scrap one target (even a potential deal from now until summer), and use whatever money is allocated for that to increase the offer we're making to Kari.

Maybe it's that players are given promises of having no one at the club earning more than them, however I can't think of anyone we have who I wouldn't be willing to punt if they really couldn't accept that Kari is doing a better job for us than they are.

Possibly Ozzie and possibly Vernon, however Ozzie is a big injury risk and Vernon does nothing without a good midfielder to supply him. Lose Kari and Vernon becomes more isolated.

If Fyvie or Jack are in that bracket then maybe I'd change my mind about breaking the high-earner limit, but surely they can't yet be at their age??

According to the sky sports transfer thing 5 mins ago on SSN talk between arnie and club have broken down. FFS. Would the club please realise this man needs to stay at us to progress and pull their finger out?? Im sure that the board can maybe use some of the money that has been brought in from foster, judas, grimmer and maguire for crying out loud. They can say they have a wage structure in place but im sure they realise they need to spend first before getting rewards at a later date. Useless c*nts

What I don't understand is how we can have the budget to think about bringing in  other people like this Nigerian striker, but we can't choose instead to scrap one target (even a potential deal from now until summer), and use whatever money is allocated for that to increase the offer we're making to Kari.

Maybe it's that players are given promises of having no one at the club earning more than them, however I can't think of anyone we have who I wouldn't be willing to punt if they really couldn't accept that Kari is doing a better job for us than they are.

Possibly Ozzie and possibly Vernon, however Ozzie is a big injury risk and Vernon does nothing without a good midfielder to supply him. Lose Kari and Vernon becomes more isolated.

If Fyvie or Jack are in that bracket then maybe I'd change my mind about breaking the high-earner limit, but surely they can't yet be at their age??

Two words. Wage structure.

I wouldn't read too much into what Kari's said. I'm sure he'll be quite happy to move on in the summer rather than now. Either way he won't sign a new deal because our board aren't interested.