Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Arnason leaving

tlg1903

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This better be a fucking joke!

Just as we were on a wee run and seeing some promise in our team this happens.  I was resigned to him going in the summer but see no benefit to letting him go now unless somebody has silly money while replacing him with Gavin Rae strikes me a singularly unambitous and short sighted  :hammer:

Which pretty much sums up our board and management.

Massive blow. It really is. For us to progress, Arnason is exactly the type of player we really need to push the boat out for. Seems very short-sighted from the board and sends out the wrong message to the fans at a time when a small amount of optimism was returning. Punt Fallon, Clark and Mackie and make up the wages from there!

Massive blow. It really is. For us to progress, Arnason is exactly the type of player we really need to push the boat out for. Seems very short-sighted from the board and sends out the wrong message to the fans at a time when a small amount of optimism was returning. Punt Fallon, Clark and Mackie and make up the wages from there!

No way we can pay £5k a week I'm afraid

An extra 40 paying customers = £1,000 approx.

These are the levels we're talking about.

Our board have lost 5,000 off our average gate. Our potential is up to 10,000 more than our average gate.

Yet our board can't even think in terms of attracting back 50 or 100 extra customers?

Proof of the agenda difference that's always been there.

Yet some fucking idiots screamed for Leighton to return? His wage would help.

Yet some fucking idiots screamed when Miller's value was questioned. His wage would help.

We have over 100 on the AFC payroll, for an 11 man team sport. We have 23 mouths to feed for Scouting and Youth Development.

AFC is run like shit and under Milne, ALWAYS has been.

Yet some fucking idiots said Milne LOVES AFC and is a "football man".

Certainly can't blame Arnason either.

he got screwed for cash at Plymouth and isn't exactly in the development years of his career so it's a fairly logical one for him to maximise his paydays now.

Precisely, it's completely understandable. I've read other boards where fans want rid now, bench him because he does not love AFC etc...bollocks. They're as short sighted / naive as the board.

Wonder where that was  ::)

well aye me for one. Not in a bitter way, and not benching him. that's twattish. if we said thanks and sold him this week and used the wages on a good loan replacement to the end of the season I can't see how that's bad business.

Manc, i understand what you said earlier about the cup run. I'm tempted to agree, but if we don't win a trophy then it'll look like a pointless gamble. I'm not saying anyone's going to offer money now rather than wait til summer, but if they do i'd take it.

I just disagree with the point about the squad being deflated if we lose him now. The squad is going to be massively deflated either way. The board have essentially admitted to everyone in the world that if you are a good footballer who can make any kind of a living at the game, then you need to stay away from aberdeen, or get out as fast as you can.

Him being there makes anything good that happens on the pitch tinged with the realisation that it may only be because of him. That certainly won't convince anyone else on the books to stay beyond the summer/end of contract.

A loan player would be someone I'd view as more replaceable, and the less players under contract at the club at any time who make it known they want to leave the better.

long drawn out break ups are worse than just cutting and running. If we don't sell up and move on asap, for the rest of the season we'll be talking about this utterly depressing hoseshit!!!