Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Away Supports At Pittodrie

glasgow sheep

from P&B, would be interesting to see the figures for the supports we take to grounds:

0-0 St Johnstone: 10,001 (Visitors: 179)

0-1 Celtic: 12,497 (Visitors: 3,715)

2-1 Inverness CT: 7,989 (Visitors: 327)

2-2 Kilmarnock: 7,672 (Visitors: 263)

4-0 Dunfermline: 8,333 (Visitors: 350)

3-1 Dundee Utd: 10,256 (Visitors: 1,120)

1-2 Rangers: 15,468 (Visitors: 3,878)

1-2 Motherwell: 8,779 (Visitors: 385)

2-2 St Mirren: 9,452 (Visitors: 261)

1-0 Hibernian: 7,137 (Visitors: 274)

0-0 Hearts: 9,210 (Visitors: 740)

0-0 Kilmarnock: 8,324 (Visitors: 247)

League Cup:

1-0 Dundee: 5,722 (Visitors: 852)

3-3 East Fife: 3,964 (Visitors: 187)

ah ok these have been published on the heritage site, our away support is thus far only recorded for our all ticket games in 2012:

United 4,072 in a crowd of 11,471

Forfar 2,633 in a crowd of 3,747

Huns 999 in a crowd of 46,648

I was at Tannadice and would say that 4072 tickets may have been sold prior to the game but we definitely had more than half of the 11471 crowd with all the pay at the gate fans ,,,, me being one of them as I wasn't sure if I was going to be sober enough to go , fantastic atmosphere,  :thumbsup: unfortunately giving The Arabs more revenue and the plastic seats are just as bad knee wise as the old wooden things    :hammer:

I was at Tannadice and would say that 4072 tickets may have been sold prior to the game but we definitely had more than half of the 11471 crowd with all the pay at the gate fans ,,,, me being one of them as I wasn't sure if I was going to be sober enough to go , fantastic atmosphere,  :thumbsup: unfortunately giving The Arabs more revenue and the plastic seats are just as bad knee wise as the old wooden things    :hammer:

Away end holds 5,000 and wasn't full at Tannadice

Really ? Didn't actually see it on tv , but we were actually overcrowded in the Pay at the Gate stand and there were people with tickets for seats that we were all sitting on as it was a first come first serve basis accordng to the turnstile manny. Great viwe of the Shed and the fans in there were immense. Still think we had more than Utd, sounds good and I'm stickin to that story even if it;s just to wind up the "Shitty Home Support"  ;D

Really ? Didn't actually see it on tv , but we were actually overcrowded in the Pay at the Gate stand and there were people with tickets for seats that we were all sitting on as it was a first come first serve basis accordng to the turnstile manny. Great viwe of the Shed and the fans in there were immense. Still think we had more than Utd, sounds good and I'm stickin to that story even if it;s just to wind up the "Shitty Home Support"  ;D

The section at the far end next was completely empty, even if the away end was full they would still have outnumbered us by about in a crowd of 11,000 they would have out numbered us by 1000, as it was there was about 7000 of them

The section at the far end next was completely empty, even if the away end was full they would still have outnumbered us by about in a crowd of 11,000 they would have out numbered us by 1000, as it was there was about 7000 of them

Okay Okay I admit defeat but I'm going for the " We had much less than them and sang our hearts out to make it like a home game " road now .... Mind you, we don't sing much at the home games so lets just say Even though we had far less than them we Sang louder longer and Drowned out their Sweetie Wrapper rustling  ::)

Actually the full away section holes 5700 (if they give us right up to the 2 tiered stand behind the goal.

Either way never assume the crowd is bigger at tannadice because you were overcrowded at the pay at the gate end.

Few seasons back it was pay at the gate and they oversold the shed to the extent there were people sitting in the aisles and in the corner parts that dont have any seats. Police atempted to move them to the fairplay stand but the lower tier of that was sold out.

Strange and slightly scary seeing parents with young children arguing with stewards because they couldnt find any seats.

We also scored early so there were a few injuries.

Actually the full away section holes 5700 (if they give us right up to the 2 tiered stand behind the goal.

Either way never assume the crowd is bigger at tannadice because you were overcrowded at the pay at the gate end.

Few seasons back it was pay at the gate and they oversold the shed to the extent there were people sitting in the aisles and in the corner parts that dont have any seats. Police atempted to move them to the fairplay stand but the lower tier of that was sold out.

Strange and slightly scary seeing parents with young children arguing with stewards because they couldnt find any seats.

We also scored early so there were a few injuries.

I believe it less now they have plastic seats in there - think uefa have some rules about actually being able to sit in them without being a contortionist

Away supports at Rugby Park this season:

Rangers 6562

Celtic 5200

St Mirren 1411

Motherwell 842

Dundee 813 (SC)

Hearts 756

Hibs 589

Queen of the South 505 (LC)

Aberdeen 474

East Fife 425 (LC)

Sunderland 399 (friendly)