🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Scottish Cup 5th Round vs QotS -Replay Tue 14th Feb

glasgow sheep

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was total pish.

I'd be inclined to drop Arnason and Fyvie and play players that want to stay at the club.  Both were poor yesterday, Arnason in particular was very lacklustre, and Fyvie couldn't cross a road let alone a ball from a corner.

Fuck both of them.

It was total pish.

I'd be inclined to drop Arnason and Fyvie and play players that want to stay at the club.  Both were poor yesterday, Arnason in particular was very lacklustre, and Fyvie couldn't cross a road let alone a ball from a corner.

Fuck both of them.

Were they that bad? From what i've seen of Arnason he's been quite laid back in his play. Are people starting to turn on him now (and FF) since they've rejected offers from the club?

Arnason isn't definitely leaving yet.

BUT... I don't think he's worth the jizz-fest mega-bukkake that folk have been having over him - but folk always use this sorta shit to have a go at the board, so proportion gets all fucked up.

If he stays, he'll be nae bad - nae worth a red-eye cumshot, but nae worth shouting abuse at either.

Not disagreeing with what you say re the hype but as for your comment above, it's as if you feel any criticism of the board is unwarranted?

wasn't my intention - I was just saying that's the reason folk hype up a mediocre player... i.e. the board is shite and won't pay for Arnason, therefore Arnason must be a fuckin legend - it's just a bit fucked up, ken.

It's the old "who can moan the loudest and be the most negative" syndrome that many spastic fans love to involve themselves with.

Don't agree he's mediocre. He's not the player many make him out to be, for sure, but if the club can keep him it'd be a superb piece of business I reckon. He's the sort of guy the team's missed since Heikkinen left us. i.e. someone who actually knows how to play the game.

Don't agree he's mediocre. He's not the player many make him out to be, for sure, but if the club can keep him it'd be a superb piece of business I reckon. He's the sort of guy the team's missed since Heikkinen left us. i.e. someone who actually knows how to play the game.

Words of wisdom Greg that have been sadly missed during your self imposed absence.

Good to have you back on board

Jesus I don't think it was that bad!? Aye we lacked cutting edge but it was all Aberdeen pressure and I'd say we were unlucky to a degree. I've seen us play a hell of a lot worse. At least we're still in the cup FFS sake.

Fyvie fucked up one corner. Frustrating? Yes. Did he have a shocker? No. Arnason made one mistake or maybe two where he gave the ball away. It's fuck all to do with him not wanting to be at the club. Just that he's a big game player. We all know that. He wasn't his best against Forfar either. But against Forfar he hadn't turned down the contract yet so no one made such a huge deal of it. ???

Jesus I don't think it was that bad!? Aye we lacked cutting edge but it was all Aberdeen pressure and I'd say we were unlucky to a degree. I've seen us play a hell of a lot worse. At least we're still in the cup FFS sake.

Fyvie fucked up one corner. Frustrating? Yes. Did he have a shocker? No. Arnason made one mistake or maybe two where he gave the ball away. It's fuck all to do with him not wanting to be at the club. Just that he's a big game player. We all know that. He wasn't his best against Forfar either. But against Forfar he hadn't turned down the contract yet so no one made such a huge deal of it. ???

Totally agree ...... if a 3rd division team came and parked the bus against us we don't have the quality to break it down an that's all QotS did, with a total freakish breakaway into our half for their goal.

I'm not a huge Fyvie fan but thought he was one of our better players on the day with Jack being the best so why he was taken off is beyond me unless he was injured ... which I couldn't see either  :hammer:

This^^^

We utterly dominated that game but suffered from our lack of guile up front, which is hardly going to be a surprise to anybody (last 4 home games, 1-1. 0-0, 0-0. 1-0).

Then inevitably our defence make a mistake, and it was the only one they made, and QotS scored.  Jack was our best player and only real width or outlet.  Clark had been doing ok but is yet another who looks like he will be out for a few wks.