Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Scottish Cup 5th Round vs QotS -Replay Tue 14th Feb

glasgow sheep

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good first half, they were pretty defensive and we were comfortable and deserving of our lead.

Second half they came out to attack, as they had to, and really threatened.  Stupid penalty to give away and they had atleast 3 brilliant chances to win the game.  We were slow (which goes without saying) and second to most balls.

Thankfully we picked up in the last 10mins while they tired and scored a good winner from one of our few threatening attacks of the second half.

Three observations:

1) Fallon and Vernon up front doesn't work.

2) Hughes is fucking slow, repeatedly gives the ball away and wouldn't be any where near the team if we had a fully fit squad.

3) Fyvie should never take set pieces.

Granted I don't see much, but from going on highlights / footage / commentary, he seems to fail beating the first man on most occasions. How have the club not realised this?!?! Even RedTV were having a go at him on saturday.

I wonder if Jack was pointing this out to Knox at training?

I can't believe Hughes or Arnie would be any worse, but would probably let JAck have a go as he got a few decent corners in the other wk when he took over from Fyvie after he kicked the ball straight out, 10yds in front of him at a corner.

Also new lad looked good but for some inexplicable reason was moved into the middle and then had high balls pumped at him (he is about 4ft tall). Him and Meginnson/Pawlett on the wings would bring a bit more excitement

Three observations:

1) Fallon and Vernon up front doesn't work.

2) Hughes is fucking slow, repeatedly gives the ball away and wouldn't be any where near the team if we had a fully fit squad.

3) Fyvie should never take set pieces.

This.

Is there highlights up? Cant find any.

Granted I don't see much, but from going on highlights / footage / commentary, he seems to fail beating the first man on most occasions. How have the club not realised this?!?! Even RedTV were having a go at him on saturday.

Granted I dont see much but going from highlights / footage / and the occasional game Ive been too I really dont see why he is being touted as something special.

;) Nae bother.

The midfield needs sorting out, but with the injuries, we are doing well enough I guess.

The hype around Fraser Fyvie mystifies me. In my (admittedly limited) experience of watching him , he's gone backwards since the injury. He's got something, but certainly not out wide.

;) Nae bother.

The midfield needs sorting out, but with the injuries, we are doing well enough I guess.

The hype around Fraser Fyvie mystifies me. In my (admittedly limited) experience of watching him , he's gone backwards since the injury. He's got something, but certainly not out wide.

Aye, he is not a wide player. Also felt sorry for Considine who was solid on Saturday who was shunted out wide and also looked out of place.

Aye, he is not a wide player. Also felt sorry for Considine who was solid on Saturday who was shunted out wide and also looked out of place.

One of my freens reported back similarly.....

a)Why the fuss over Fyvie?

b) Consi is not a full back, but does appear "to give his all"  :thumbsup:

This from Dumfries-based Dundee fan who, by his own admission "...went along hoping for a laugh", despite that he's usually a pretty unbiased and fair minded judge

To be fair, Fyvie was goodin  the middle of the park before his injury. With a run of games in which he's not shunted around all over the place, I'm sure he'd regain his form.

Other than those issues, I fully expect his agent playing the usual game to put him in the shop window has turned his head and taken away his focus.

It does seem like he could do with a 'rest' but the squad's fairly thin, so let's just hope he screws the nut.