Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Fallon gets International call up

mizer

For the avoidance of doubt to anyone that wasn't there today.

Even if Fallon hadn't scored both goals today, he was a worthy contender for MOTM (along with Brown). Thought he led the line superbly. I've been amongst his biggest critics but not today. Well done Rory, but as Kow says, lets keep it going  :thumbsup:

aye, thought he played well today. Have to admit i was disappointed seeing him through the middle and Vernon shunted out to the flank but he played the role really well.

2 well taken goals but not quite sure how he's attracting the plaudits he is. Decent performance and he converted (one beautifully) 2 chances.

I know what you mean, one game a player it does not make.  I thought his overall game was pretty good today though, he got around  the park well and was always available.  I was gutted to see him in the line-up against timothy but at the end of that game he had pass marks.  I'm starting to lean towards the idea that he is a better player than he has been given credit for and now that he his starting to acclimatize we are starting to see it.  Pa broon made the very good point today that his 2nd goal was on his weaker foot, i didn't realize he was a lefty if i'm honest.

Oh no the "remember that goal Mackie scored against Dnipro" mob will be out in force now that Fallon has had a great game today.

If he keeps it up great and maybe that's what he needs for confidence but for me he has been crap for to long to convince me he will keep it up.

Oh no the "remember that goal Mackie scored against Dnipro" mob will be out in force now that Fallon has had a great game today.

Yeah they are cunts.  I'm a member of the "remember that goal mackie scored on the volley against hertz" mob and we hate those dnipro arseholes!

I think I was one of the last fans to lose patience with Fallon. I remember being pissed off with the abuse he was getting at Forfar. But since he pussied out of the header against Hearts up at the Merkland end he's been shite and I'd stopped defending him. Obviously now he's a hero again.  :wave:

ABERDEEN striker Rory Fallon could be set for a sensational move to the MLS.

The Kiwi star was watched by Toronto director of player development Paul Mariner on Sunday as he fired Dons into the Scottish Cup semis with a double at Fir Park

Mariner had Dons duo Fallon and Kari Arnason at Plymouth during his short spell as boss two seasons ago.

Toronto are also in the market for a central defender after axing Ecuadorian Geovanny Caicedo last week and Well defender Tim Clancy, who's out of contract this summer, could also be on former England striker Mariner's radar.

Although Arnason has turned down a new deal at Dons, it's understood he wasn't the player Mariner travelled to Scotland to watch.

Mariner works closely with Toronto coach Aron Winter at the MLS outfit.

A Toronto spokesman confirmed: "Paul was in town attending the match. There's nothing more to it than that."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4190637/Toronto-eye-Rory.html#ixzz1oymPYzuf