Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Dons put £5m price tag on Fyvie

mizer

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/aberdeen/2012/02/02/aberdeen-slap-5m-price-tag-on-wonderkid-fraser-fyvie-after-midfielder-turns-down-new-contract-86908-23732280/

ABERDEEN have placed a £5million price tag on teenage prodigy Fraser Fyvie after he refused to sign a new deal.

The Dons were desperate to hold on to the midfielder and rejected two bids from Championship clubs during the transfer window.

But Fyvie, a product of their youth programme, resisted all offers to extend his contract at the end of this year because he wants to develop his career in England.

The Pittodrie club have no option but to sell the Scotland youth captain or risk losing him for minimum compensation when his deal expires.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown said: “Fraser hasn’t signed the new contract that was offered to him but he is still our player.

“If anyone wants to take him away before his deal ends in December they would need to make us a substantial offer.

“If someone came in and made a bid of £5m then we would have to consider that but if we don’t get any sensible offers we will hold on to Fraser into next season. We are still entitled to compensation if he leaves when he becomes a free agent.”

What good will that do when he leaves on a precontract agreement next December.

As far as I understand he can sign a pre contract agreement as of July or August as his deal with us actually expires in December.

And no. We didn't place a £5m price tag on him.  ::) The journos did.

The manager broke the news that Fraser Fyvie wants to leave when his current contract expires.

"At no time has Fraser Fyvie mentioned money but he has said he would like to pursue his career in England. He has been honest about it and I don't think he would be disposed to stay in Scotland. I respect what he says; he wants to play at the highest level and that is in England. I feel it is a bit premature is my opinion but it is his decision.

"He has signalled that at the moment he wants to stay at Aberdeen until the end of his contract. I would predict he will sign a pre-contract six months from the end of the contract (which is in the summer) and leave in December."

The manager also rubbished the rumours that he was looking for £5million for Fraser. Fraser Fyvie

"It was not an accurate quote. I said jokingly to one of the guys from the local newspaper that if Arsenal offered us £5million for him we might consider it. It was an obvious joke and of course it went in the local evening paper and the nationals picked it up in the morning."

It was an obvious joke

:hammer:

Come on ffs! One of the most talented young players in the country and we're talking down his price straight from the off??

So fucking fatalistic to bend over and beg for the biggest cock available to fuck us, while basically putting it out there that we're not really anticipating it to be even as big or herpes-free as average!

:hammer:

Come on ffs! One of the most talented young players in the country and we're talking down his price straight from the off??

So fucking fatalistic to bend over and beg for the biggest cock available to fuck us, while basically putting it out there that we're not really anticipating it to be even as big or herpes-free as average!

Disagree. I don't think he is one of the most talented, that would probably be Jack. But still, we shouldn't be talking down our players. We need to get the best price possible.

Sign a one year extension and if some club comes in, everyone benefits, especially  afc

His agent isn't interested in the club benefiting or if Fyvie actually plays football. His job is to get his client paid as much as possible. I've no doubt he'll manage that. Fyvie won't get anywhere near the first team (unless he goes to League 1 maybe?) but that's of no concern to Mr. Agent. If Fyvie signs and extension it will raise his price which will in turn put off potential suitors and therefore make Mr. Agent's job slightly more difficult hence Fyvie was advised not t sign a new cntract with us; advice that he's duly taken.

• 2 months later...
Aberdeen FC’s Fyvie wants to go out on a high

Fraser targets cup glory before leaving club

By Sean Wallace

Published: 09/04/2012

FRASER Fyvie today vowed to leave Aberdeen FC on a high by claiming Scottish Cup glory this season.

The teenager, who is out of contract next January, has confirmed he will not sign a new deal with Aberdeen FC. The 19-year-old could now be set to leave Pittodrie in the summer.

Fyvie is in line to face Hibs in Saturday’s Scottish Cup semi-final after playing in the weekend’s 3-1 SPL win over Dundee United.

I only want players at AFC that want to play for that famous red jersey.Surely as an individual you either know that or you don't.But yip sadly good old money has spoilt the game and sport in general.

Good old Andrew Considine is a great example though of sacrificing money for loyalty and happiness at a club.He's a class act and is by far one of the most improved players at the club.He pulls on that red jersey with pride and would run through a brick wall for AFC.He has been a fantastic player for the club this year and certainly deserves his player of the year awards hands down.

Give me 11 Considine type players with full-on DESIRE any day!!

Here here I totaly agree wi u,Jack and Considine are a prime example of what our youth policy should be doing.I was just making a statement about how I felt about Andy Considine and how far he had come,wisna ruling oot Jack or anything(he's quality ana for sure!!),Just like the way Considine has played wi steel and passion for the jersey all season and thats wi added responsibility by getting the captains armband on him and he seems to have thrived on it.Yes,he's still got more to learn but he's a vastly improved player and theres more to come from him most definitely.I was complimenting him on pledging his future to Dons when others seem to be hell bent on leaving thinking they are bettering themselves,the grass isn't always greener thats for sure.

Maybe Considine and co have some good mentors telling them the right things in there ears,probably his parents for a start and thats the best agents he could have.But it's the matureness of the man and the player to sit up and listen to whatever's being said to him acknowledging that the grass isn't always greener and that money isn't the be all and end all!!Happinness,stability,security and quality of life come before that but they are easy to overlook.

I take my hat off as a Dons fan to Andy Considine,he's been quality all season.Maybe Russell Anderson should have to work and sweat buckets to merit taking the armband from Considine I reckon??If we win the Scottish Cup this season I would like Andrew Considine to walk up to lift that famous trophy as he deserves to.

‘Aberdeen FC’s Fyvie can do better than Fulham’

Craig Brown tells Fraser to aim higher

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 11/04/2012

ABERDEEN FC midfielder Fraser Fyvie was today advised to set his sights higher than a move to Fulham when he quits Pittodrie.

Manager Craig Brown dismissed the latest report claiming Fyvie will make a cut-price move to Craven Cottage in the summer.

Brown has accepted Fyvie, whose contract with Aberdeen FC expires in December, will be moving on. But he feels Fyvie should be looking to go to the likes of Manchester United or Arsenal rather than a middle-range Premier club like Fulham.

:wino:

How is that going to do anything other than fuel Fyvie's delusion that he'll be anything other than a failure even at lowly Fulham?  :hammer:

This is purely Brown accepting that Fyvie is heading out of Pittodrie and just trying to get as much money from his sale as possible. At the moment, only Norwich and Fulham are in the running for Fyvie's signature. If Brown can succeed in putting Fyvie on the radar of the likes of ManU then he may succeed in upping the value to the likes of Fulham who, by all accounts, can most definitely affort to pay more than the rumoured £500,000