Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

How to Punish NewCo

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There is a lot of gossip on facebook tonight, by gloating hun fans, that Aberdeen are ready to go into Administration come the start of this coming season!!!

I really hope this is bullshit. Anyone heard anything else about this??

Oh it was on a page called super ally's red white and blue army incase you want to take a look!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of gossip on facebook tonight, by gloating hun fans, that Aberdeen are ready to go into Administration come the start of this coming season!!!

I really hope this is bullshit. Anyone heard anything else about this??

Oh it was on a page called super ally's red white and blue army incase you want to take a look!

I've heard this as well, seemingly came from Rangers Media as well!  ::)

Its the one thing Milne has going for him, he underwrites out debt and the bank leaves us alone. To the best of my knowledge Stuart Milne homes is not in any kind of financial difficulty so i don't see the bank being difficult

Just wound up their construction division and timber systems division laid folk off recently as losing money.

One thing that seems to have been forgotten in this by the SPL chairman is the chance to get past the 11-1 shite for important votes which the Old Firm blocked. Each and every issue that they blocked can be re-visited and choices made for the benefit of the SPL and not 2 clubs.

The second the No vote is confirmed, one club must come out and propose a new distribution model for the incoming TV and sponsorship money (which may be reduced, but will still exist).

What a load of shite. Why would the bored decide to go down the route of administration next season when a ten point penalty now would make no difference to this season bar a wee bit of prize money.

I'd be more inclined to go down the fresh investment thought process (whether that may be to reduce the impact of no newhunz)  than take the deflective rumblings from supporters of an extinct football club as FACT!

It's not as if the new board members are fronting £x million from their latest bankrupt painting and decorating venture.

No idea which of the billion threads the Motherwell vote was discussed, but the bit I wanted to point to was the part that mentioned providing 'estimates' as to the financial implications of a no vote, so as to 'educate' the members.

That worried me, and I think I was right to be worried. Total scare-mongering by the board to try and manufacture a yes vote.

Motherwell board says loss of Rangers could put Well into administration

The vote on a newco Rangers entering the SPL could plunge Motherwell into administration whether they are admitted to the league or not, the club has told fans.

In guidance issued to supporters of the Lanarkshire club, posted on the Motherwell fans’ site Fir Park Corner, Motherwell estimated that it would lose more than £900,000 in income without Rangers in the league.

That sum will have to be balanced out with investment from the fans, otherwise it could be tipped into administration, says the club’s board.

Motherwell FC is in the process of moving to a fan ownership model, as majority shareholder John Boyle pledges his stake in the Fir Park club to a group of supporters in the form of the Well Society.

The society’s members are being polled on whether to allow a newco to enter the SPL after Rangers FC began the process of being liquidated.

The breakdown of costs that Motherwell foresee if the newco is voted out of the league are a loss of £600,000 from SPL revenues, made up of sponsorships and the television deal for the league.

The club expects to lose £275,000 in gate receipts from Rangers supporters and estimates a drop of £40,000 in matchday hospitality and sponsorship.

If the newco is allowed to enter the SPL, Motherwell still expects to make losses in gate receipts as it anticipates that fans will stay away for reasons of “sporting integrity”.

In conclusion, the guidance note states: “Whatever decision is made on the newco vote by the SPL clubs, the financial position of Motherwell Football Club will suffer. There are clear risks to the financial stability and very future of this club presented by the current situation.

“In the event of serious financial difficulty, the board will have to look to the members, shareholders and supporters to step up their support for the club and the Well Society. This is likely to be in the form of increased prices, higher attendances and further Society memberships and contributions.

“It is clear that if we are unable to replace significant amounts of income lost under either scenario, the club would be facing an insolvency event. This would lead to a 21 point reduction.”

IRONY will be at the forefront of the minds of certain members of the Scottish Football League with long memories when they vote on the future of ‘The Rangers’. Five clubs which will be involved in determining which division the Ibrox club will play in next season – Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir and Stranraer – may think back 48 years when the boot was on the other foot.

In 1964, this gang of five survived an attempt to oust them from senior football in a move led by Rangers. The Glasgow giants wanted to reduce the number of clubs in the then top two divisions from 37 to 32 and proposed that the minnows should drop out.

Rangers proposed that the five clubs with the smallest gate receipts should be kicked out and were at the vanguard of moves to make it happen, including sending out correspondence to the other member clubs and deliberately excluding the targeted clubs.