Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

How to Punish NewCo

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, GS did you send it to Dave mcdermid directly? He's the best bet.

cheers for the positive feedback and I'd encourage everyone to drop a line to Pittodrie in their own words.

I was planning old fashioned snail mail to named directors but if you have Dave's email PM me it (although I probably have it somewhere)

Will do on Monday GS, emailed from work because I thought it might increase the chances of a response  :-\

I actually found his address in my email, turns out I emailed him a few years ago about the 5% ticket tax the OF were placing on the tickets they sold for Pittodrie. Never got a reply.

I actually found his address in my email, turns out I emailed him a few years ago about the 5% ticket tax the OF were placing on the tickets they sold for Pittodrie. Never got a reply.

its a sad indictment of how the fans are viewedd really isnt it? People take the time to contact the club about issues affecting them and they are ignored. Yet the club still demands us to turn up ij vast numbers and stump up the best part of 30 quid every home game.

They honestly have no idea why attendances continue to drop? Really?

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120523/aberdeen-football-club_2212158_2785265

Aberdeen Football Club has issued the following statement regarding the ongoing situation in Scottish football with particular regards to Rangers Football Club.

Chairman Stewart Milne said "We are aware of the issues, concerns and opinions raised by our supporters with regards to the ongoing situation. These issues have taken up a great deal of my time, Duncan Fraser, the Chief Executive's time and that of our board of directors. The issues are complex and the situation remains extremely fluid. Events continue to move on a daily basis and therefore we feel it has been, and remains, inappropriate to comment publicly on what might arise out of this.

"We will continue to give this matter our full attention and will do what we believe is in the best interests of Aberdeen Football Club and Scottish football and will communicate this to our supporters at the appropriate time"

I still think we, as fans of our club, need to keep reminding SM that the long term best interests of AFC aren't necessarily tied in with believing the hype that Scottish football needs any one team.

Hopefully, the EBTs and double contract issue may resolve the issue for everyone, given the furor that the latest "news" has caused.

"We will continue to give this matter our full attention and will do what we believe is in the best interests of Aberdeen Football Club and Scottish football and will communicate this to our supporters at the appropriate time"

a.k.a "We will vote the newco in.  Fuck what the supporters think"

:hammer:

I think Milne's "trying" to be clever here.

Waits until it's inevitable der hun are almost certain to be voted back in the SPL, then he can complain, vote agin it and pretend he's doing "what the supporters wanted"

Or do I give him and the board of AFC way too much credit here? ;)

I think Milne's "trying" to be clever here.

Waits until it's inevitable der hun are almost certain to be voted back in the SPL, then he can complain, vote agin it and pretend he's doing "what the supporters wanted"

Or do I give him and the board of AFC way too much credit here? ;)

Or waiting till season tickets are sold first.

He might have a long wait.

There must be 1000s of ST holders up and down the country holding fire till they see what happens. Apparently the tims have already extended their deadline.

This is the only way of getting it into Milnes thick head. The fans will notblindly partake in a league where one cheating entity has been given an easy ride by this clubs chairman.

People who do want season tickets must hold out until either the club makes a pre-Emtive statement saying they will vote against newco joining the spl or it somehow clears up, meetings take place and they actually decide in what to do with newco

This is the only way of getting it into Milnes thick head. The fans will notblindly partake in a league where one cheating entity has been given an easy ride by this clubs chairman.

People who do want season tickets must hold out until either the club makes a pre-Emtive statement saying they will vote against newco joining the spl or it somehow clears up, meetings take place and they actually decide in what to do with newco

Aberdeen fans are threatening a mass boycott of Pittodrie season tickets if chairman Stewart Milne votes to allow a newco Rangers in the SPL.

Actually pleased that that's made a paper (even if it is only the Record).

‘Aberdeen FC has to listen to fans and do right thing’

Supporters group urges Stewart Milne to reject a newco Rangers

By Sean Wallace

Published: 24/05/2012

ABERDEEN FC were today warned to heed their fans and vote against a potential Rangers newco in the SPL.

The Red Army are overwhelmingly against the prospect of the crisis-hit Ibrox club playing in the top flight as a newco.

Aberdeen FC chairman Stewart Milne recently stated he would act in the best interests of Aberdeen FC when it comes to voting on Rangers’ future. But a leading fans’ group called for Milne to vote against a Rangers newco in the SPL.

Motherwell:

Following numerous enquiries as to the clubs’ position on the situation at Rangers FC from both supporters and members of the media, the board has issued the following statement.

“The club continues to actively participate in the discussions being held at the SPL in relation to the current issues at Rangers Football Club.

“To date we have seen no proposals to transfer a share in the SPL to a “Newco” and have therefore made no decision on how we would vote if such a scenario did arise. We have purposefully avoided making any public statements to date given the uncertainty of the situation and the lack of any clarity on what, if anything, we will be required to vote on.

“Once we have full information we will be able to decide our position. Any speculation on the basis of conjecture only adds to the damage to the game and all of our interests.

“We are well progressed with a plan that is designed to bring both fan ownership and long term financial stability to the club, without reliance on funding from either a bank or a benefactor. We do not believe we can separate the sporting integrity of our league from the sustainable future of our club; the two go hand in hand.

“Any decisions we take as a Board are made in the best interests of the club with a view to achieving our stated aims for ownership and funding.

In the event that a “Newco” proposal is presented to us, we intend to fully discuss with representatives of our supporters groups, prior to making any decision.

Darlington today relegated 4 divisions for not being able to agree a CVA and going the newco route Rangers are trying.

Wonder if Neil Doncaster will use this example for how newcos are accepted in football in the UK.

:wave:

They'll rue the day I tells ya. Scottish football needs Darlington!!1one!