Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

How to Punish NewCo

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know with THE Rangers being a Newco does the company have to change it's logo/badge? If so how can they be selling next seasons strips?

Maybe one for the liquidators to sort out. I love how they still have the same website as if nothing has changed.

Does anyone know with THE Rangers being a Newco does the company have to change it's logo/badge? If so how can they be selling next seasons strips?

Maybe one for the liquidators to sort out. I love how they still have the same website as if nothing has changed.

well they say they want to "retain" mccoist so presumably they're the same club and liable for the same debt.

Would be funny if after spending their hard earned giro's on the new strip the liquidators come in and say thats not legal, new company so you can't have the same strip and logo as the old company.

That's a point, didn't Volkswagen get a bit of a shock when they bought Rolls Royce? They couldn't use the RR logo or name as it was sold to the Gas Turbine Division of Rolls Royce. Could be cool if someone bought the Rangers Badge and trademarks, making newco start from scratch!

From Jim Spence:

"Aberdeen say season ticket sales on par with this time last year , but no figures given. St johnstone have sold around 200 season tickets."

"Dundee Utd season book sales currently around 1700. At end of June last year 4300 sold. Stephen Thompson meets fans reps tomorrow re Newco."

My arse.

From Jim Spence:

"Aberdeen say season ticket sales on par with this time last year , but no figures given. St johnstone have sold around 200 season tickets."

"Dundee Utd season book sales currently around 1700. At end of June last year 4300 sold. Stephen Thompson meets fans reps tomorrow re Newco."

My arse.

That stinks of club trying to make it look that there is no boycott to get waiveres to buy now before they vote Newco in.

The above statement, boardroom reduction, Millers 6 figure wage gone, no new signings - all points to Wiggy voting yes and trying to hold on through the shit storm and avoid a (greater) financial crisis.

Nah, there have been too many quotes from Pittodrie about "Sporting integrity" being at the "forefront" of the decision I can't see AFC voting newco it.  It could effectively finish the Dons if he voted them in.  :(

Nah, there have been too many quotes from Pittodrie about "Sporting integrity" being at the "forefront" of the decision I can't see AFC voting newco it.  It could effectively finish the Dons if he voted them in.  :(

So two quotes?

And back at the fan meeting after hearts the boards words were there is a lot of financial implications, its not clear cut. Thankfully Johnstone of Killie opened his big hun mouth and said sporting integrity was not important.

the one thing that Milne's tenure of the club is apparent for is that it has been spattered with many, many poor decision, often completely misjudging the thoughts and feelings of the fans. I dread to think that this may be one more of those short sighted, short term money comes first decisions