DT Politics Thread

Well, that was the weirdest election campaign.

Clearly meant to be a victory procession for the Tories, that arsehole Teresa May ends up looking like she is about to burst into tears and skirling about getting rid of human rights.

Unless she ends up with a 25+ majority then she is out anyway.

Boris still waiting in the wings?

Jeremy Corbyn has done much better than anyone could have expected, helped by a really good manifesto.

Dianne Abbot on the other hand has ended up locking herself in her bedroom and refusing to come out from under the covers.

Which is just as well because she is a useless cow.

Fuck knows what the future for Corbyn is?

Either he's Prime Minister, Leader of the opposition in a hung parliament or he's out on his arse.

That chinless wonder who's leader of the Liberals is out whatever he does.

Scottish politics has just become Huns versus non Huns.

The only leader still standing after Thursday could well be Nicola Sturgeon.

I'm going to stick with my prediction from last year of a hung parliament in the spring ( ok, early summer) and another election in October.

However, beware the auld wifie.

More and more, voting is split by age.

As the wifie in her 90's said to me ( before the brexit vote)

"I'm voting out because I don't want to be raped, and the police are not allowed to arrest immigrants if they rape you.)

Well, that was the weirdest election campaign.

Clearly meant to be a victory procession for the Tories, that arsehole Teresa May ends up looking like she is about to burst into tears and skirling about getting rid of human rights.

Unless she ends up with a 25+ majority then she is out anyway.

Boris still waiting in the wings?

Jeremy Corbyn has done much better than anyone could have expected, helped by a really good manifesto.

Dianne Abbot on the other hand has ended up locking herself in her bedroom and refusing to come out from under the covers.

Which is just as well because she is a useless cow.

Fuck knows what the future for Corbyn is?

Either he's Prime Minister, Leader of the opposition in a hung parliament or he's out on his arse.

That chinless wonder who's leader of the Liberals is out whatever he does.

Scottish politics has just become Huns versus non Huns.

The only leader still standing after Thursday could well be Nicola Sturgeon.

I'm going to stick with my prediction from last year of a hung parliament in the spring ( ok, early summer) and another election in October.

However, beware the auld wifie.

More and more, voting is split by age.

As the wifie in her 90's said to me ( before the brexit vote)

"I'm voting out because I don't want to be raped, and the police are not allowed to arrest immigrants if they rape you.)

Corbyn confirmed that Abbot is stepping down this morning  :thumbsup:

Well that'll help.

However, getting rid of human rights will prove a popular move.  :dunno:

Aye, You know they are going to use the recent terrorists attacks to take away rights once they increase their majority tomorrow. It is easy to use Human Rights as a scapegoat for lots of things, especially the current terrorist attacks and makes good reading for the UKIPpers who lap that sort of shite up, whilst ignoring the fact that severe cuts to the budgets the departments charged with looking after national security are really to blame.

I don't think the tories will do as well as they first though when they called the election, I predict they will do in Scotland though, which is a sickening thought, but will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Aye, we just need to hope that there is a high turn out in this vote.  If that's the case, there is no way the tories will get back in.  It's the reason we left Europe, it's the reason why we even have a tory government.  I really hope England has finally woken up to the fact that they are cunts.

:-\

They may well increase their vote but how many seats do you think they'll get.

0 - 3 ?

I'm away to look out my banner that says

I'm a human, no rights for me please.

I'm predicting they will win Banff & Buchan and cling onto Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale.

I'm also going out on a limb and predicting the SNP will lose Ross, Skye & Lochaber back to the Lib Dems

I'm predicting they will win Banff & Buchan and cling onto Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale.

I'm also going out on a limb and predicting the SNP will lose Ross, Skye & Lochaber back to the Lib Dems

I reckon the tories will take 5-7 seats in Scotland and I also predict Labour to win back a few. Reckon the SNP will return less than 40, which would still be a hell of a result.

I predicted, along with DOnsdaft, that the tories would get a majority in 2015,  but my Scottish predictions that day were honking.

I really would consider leaving the country if that tory cunts win by a huge majority, don't reckon they will though, I hope!  People can't be that stupid...  :-\

Let's just take a moment to feel sorry for MP's

I presume the majority of them believe in what they stand for and try to do a decent job for their constituents.

Tomorrow they could lose their job, be voted out by people who literally don't have a clue.

I don't mean that they have a different opinion, just folk who are voting for something completely unconnected like park and ride ( I've seen this happen)

Or the sort of people who stand smoking in my doorway waiting for their bussie and say "should have gone to specsavers" 148 times one after another.

Well, is it going to be a long night, or will it be a case of sleeping in a bad mood by about 2.00?

I'm never going to get the jist of this democracy thing, I saw a bloke yesterday say that he had always voted Labour but would change this time because he liked Teresa May.

That's a case for the loony bin surely?

The TV people appear to have interviewed a few of those types and I couldn't work out whether they were either a) lying or b) paid to say that.

I cannot for one instance understand why you spend fundamentally change your ideology. Especially for the worse. That makes you a spineless cretin of a person.

Hatchet face out, whichever way you look at it.

October election in the offing?

Yep. She's made a right James Hunt of this  ;D

SNP prediction seems low. I'm wondering if it's not just Tories that are suspected to be taking seats off then.

Salmond to lose his seat!!  :o