Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dons to vote no to Newco

Ill probably boycott kilmarnock regardless of how they vote. Horrible place and a shite day out even if we win (still not worked out how that can be possible)

Either way I doubt the halving of average away attendances from anyone outside the old firm would see their board shitting themselves.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presumably the Timothy's  will boycott but if they vote NO Killie have no chance of attracting the Huns with bus fares when the club formerly referred to as the huns are treated fairly and have their SPL share passed to a solvent non-cheating entity.

Never in doubt. Really couldn't believe the scaremongering that was going on about this from Dons fans (aye, you Mizer) - I know we're all miserable bastards but there was just never any chance AFC was voting them back in.

Why were the club phoning round everyone yesterday trying to flog season tickets? Putting out statments which are clearly untrue about season ticket sales? Wiggy wanted to vote yes. Has he came out of his own volition or have the fans forced his hand? The boards plans on voting intent were clear at the fans forum, after the hearts game where they stated that the money rangers and their fans had to be considered not just punishment.

Why were the club phoning round everyone yesterday trying to flog season tickets? Putting out statments which are clearly untrue about season ticket sales? Wiggy wanted to vote yes. Has he came out of his own volition or have the fans forced his hand? The boards plans on voting intent were clear at the fans forum, after the hearts game where they stated that the money rangers and their fans had to be considered not just punishment.

Why shouldn't they phone around trying to sell season tickets?  If they didn't, you'd give them grief for that too.  The statement about season tickets was they were at a similar level to last year at this point... how can you possibly say that is untrue when no figures have been given for either year? You say it because you just a want a whinge at the club.

I know Milne originally was going to vote yes, but that changed a few weeks ago. Why are you still moaning about this when you've got the vote you wanted? I also think you'll find the people on the board who wanted the yes vote even when Milne changed his mind are no longer on the board.

Why shouldn't they phone around trying to sell season tickets?  If they didn't, you'd give them grief for that too.  The statement about season tickets was they were at a similar level to last year at this point... how can you possibly say that is untrue when no figures have been given for either year? You say it because you just a want a whinge at the club.

1. They normally do, but why the big push yesterday and offering everyone early bird prices and several people thought it was also a gauge if people were being serious.

2. They said sales were on par with this time last year, not very clear and the cynic I am is sure they are including the free child tickets in that broad generalisation.

3. Yes I bloody want to moan, we are shit on the park, in a state financially and soon to be homeless!

1. They normally do, but why the big push yesterday and offering everyone early bird prices and several people thought it was also a gauge if people were being serious.

2. They said sales were on par with this time last year, not very clear and the cynic I am is sure they are including the free child tickets in that broad generalisation.

3. Yes I bloody want to moan, we are shit on the park, in a state financially and soon to be homeless!

1. So what? Who's to say there won't be a big push and the offer of the early bird prices from now on?  Have you ever thought this would have been announced yesterday were it not for the fact that a club legend passed away yesterday?

2. Aberdeen never give figures on Season Ticket sales. What difference does it make if the kids tickets are counted in that or not?

3. All fair points and not something I'd ever disagree with, but you have the vote you wanted and you still moan about that specifically. What's the point?  It's really hard to get any level of satisfaction from AFC these days, so when they actually do something to provide it, is it really that hard for you to enjoy it?

I got a call yesterday. It did seem like they were gauging opinion rather than tryin to sell the ticket. But what's wrong with that? They've phoned up the fans, found out why they're not renewing and have acted on it.

FFS Fuck Sake

Also, st mirren statement due any minute...

1. So what? Who's to say there won't be a big push and the offer of the early bird prices from now on?  Have you ever thought this would have been announced yesterday were it not for the fact that a club legend passed away yesterday?

2. Aberdeen never give figures on Season Ticket sales. What difference does it make if the kids tickets are counted in that or not?

3. All fair points and not something I'd ever disagree with, but you have the vote you wanted and you still moan about that specifically. What's the point?  It's really hard to get any level of satisfaction from AFC these days, so when they actually do something to provide it, is it really that hard for you to enjoy it?

Trust me I delighted, but Wiggy is getting no credit as we forced his hand! Im off to smile and do some work.

DST warmly welcome the confirmation today that AFC will vote against the admission of NewCo Rangers to the SPL, standing alongside Hearts and Dundee Utd.  The decision confirms the paramount importance of sporting integrity to the SPL and Scottish football in general , and firmly shows AFC does listen to their supporters. 

Given these circumstances DST urges all members and supporters, who can afford it, to quickly renew or purchase new Season Tickets for next season, thus showing supporter’s appreciation of the club decision.  AFC might consider, in the circumstances, extending their “early bird” discount offer until July 4th.

These events show strongly how effective a united supporters voice such as DST can be both locally and nationally, and we encourage more supporters to join us at www.donssupporterstogether.com

Yours sincerely

DST Board

But who's to blame here?  Where are BBC Scotland supposedly getting their stories from?  I'm not sure its the club's fault, this time.

Maybe Aye, Maybe No

Could have had a denial out a lot quicker than the three hours it took surely ???

Surely to god, if other clubs chairmen within the SPL are stisfied with the ramifications of voting no to newco, then as they are clubs that we will be working with to improve the Scottish game we have to back them on this issue as well?

Voting the vermin in is just not an option and wiggy well knows it.

He needs to actually show leadership on this issue and make a positive statement to vote no and work to imrove Scottish football for the future.  Otherwise seaon ticket sales will be non existent from this point forth, extended early bird offer or no.