Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Dons to vote no to Newco

I think most are willing to go back as long as AFC vote against NewCo even if they're allowed back in the league.

Possibly but what would be the point, the huns and tims would just renew the duopoly which is killing the league.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst i find it heartening  that the club are looking to make the right choice if rangers are re-admitted to the spl i cannot in good conscience return to an spl game.  As a competition it would be corrupt and i could not in good conscience contribute money to it however much i may miss attending fixtures.

And what were you planning before?

if they vote yes to newco i'd plan on going to no more games under the club's current ownership.

if they vote no but newco get in anyway then pittodrie only.

if they vote no and newco don't get in then business as usual, with the obvious exception of there being no hunnery.

i'm not convinced there will be a vote on a newco until a year from now at this rate anyway though

if they vote yes to newco i'd plan on going to no more games under the club's current ownership.

if they vote no but newco get in anyway then pittodrie only.

if they vote no and newco don't get in then business as usual, with the obvious exception of there being no hunnery.

i'm not convinced there will be a vote on a newco until a year from now at this rate anyway though

If they disappear for a year then that should be the vote decided surely? Or are they going to demote 2 teams at the end of next season in the case of a yes vote? That would be a new low.

Possibly but what would be the point, the huns and tims would just renew the duopoly which is killing the league.

Last bit is reason I will still not go back if Huns get back in even if Dons vote no. Also would always have the suspiscion that Milne only voted no because he knew they were getting back in.

The Hibs chairman is the only guy to have spoken sense, money should not be an issue here and it's really the only thing that can keep Rangers in. Would there be such an issue if it was us or Caley, Killie or Dunfermline?? Would there buggery. The whole world knows what should happen, Rangers should be a division three club now, in fact they should be preparing a presentation to be granted the honour of being a division three club.

I hope Milne sees sense and does the right thing, I really do. It would be hard to avoid the SPL but it'd be just a hard to give a flying hoot about it, it will have lost all integrity and point

I think the SPL in an invitational league?? Is that right? So surely teams could decline the invitation??

On another note, am I the only one thinking that the 8-4 majority that was so wanted coz the 11-1 was so biased towards the OF ironically could be the only thing that saves them now

The Hibs chairman is the only guy to have spoken sense, money should not be an issue here and it's really the only thing that can keep Rangers in. Would there be such an issue if it was us or Caley, Killie or Dunfermline?? Would there buggery. The whole world knows what should happen, Rangers should be a division three club now, in fact they should be preparing a presentation to be granted the honour of being a division three club.

I hope Milne sees sense and does the right thing, I really do. It would be hard to avoid the SPL but it'd be just a hard to give a flying hoot about it, it will have lost all integrity and point

No.

They should be a club WITHOUT a league until they apply to one!

well since northsound have more or less said we are saying no, kinda scuppers that idea.

TBH, if all the clubs got their act together and said, Yes, newco heres the SPL, you can go right in there play next season, but hey we are all resigning from the league. Any club wishing to stay could form a 4 team league of bigots

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

You can have newco, st mirren, kilmarnock and possibly motherwell (depending on how they vote)

the rest of us can go back to the SFL and form a new league

Today's Daily Retard says Killie manager wants the vote a secret ballot maybe they saw my post  :thumbsup: