Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Finished wi fitba??

I'm still catching up and after the euphoria of reading about the huns liquidation and near inevitable expulsion from the SPL just 2 days ago am struggling to come to terms with the ubernegativity and conspiracy-theory-athon on the here and elsewhere.

This is a great chance to revitalise Scottish Football.  Make much need changes to the league set up (one organisation, more promotion/relegation spots to the top league, play offs, better division of cash and more democratic voting structure.  It seems certain that Club12 won't be allowed into the SPL from the limited stuff I've had a chance to read.  I can't understand why any club in the SFL will be want the huns jumping straight to Div1 and can imagine a significant fan back lash if they did.

I am still a long way from walking away from Scottish Football or Aberdeen.  If Aberdeen do the right thing I'd find it hard to walk away even if the SFL allow them into Div1.  I am waiting to see what happens over then next few weeks before renewing my ST.

Hopefully righteousness will prevail and Club12 will be in Div3 at best.  Then hopefully we see the 1000s of lost fans that have drifted from the game in the last few years coming back to Pittodrie, Easter Road, Rugby Park and the rest.

Whatever, at least we are nearing the end game

Tryanor in the Record this morning claiming Sevco to Division 1 is already a done deal and they we are being stiched up by boards of SPL clubs.

I read Milne's statement as they weren't allowed into the SPL and had to apply to the SFL...I  took that to read as anywhere in the SFL...

Tryanor in the Record this morning claiming Sevco to Division 1 is already a done deal and we are being stiched up by boards of SPL clubs.

Don't pay any heed to Jim Traynor. He may be slightly more articulate and less loathsome than the likes of Charlie Allan and Chick Young, but he's no better informed than either.

Not going back if this happens:

BBC Scotland has learned of plans being put in place that would allow Rangers to move directly into Scottish Division One in the coming season.

Rangers FC plc are soon to be liquidated and Charles Green's consortium are reforming the club.

But Green's Rangers newco has not gained support to replace the old club in the Scottish Premier League.

And senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start season 2012/13 in the second tier.

I'll be finished with the national team as well.

parachute payments to sfl 1 to be increased. newco will no doubt be eligible.

all these plans apparently need 8 votes from spl, plus majority from sfl, so basically we're hardly any further forward than a few days ago.

thinking the celebration was jumping the gun. it was the right decision by the club, but only the first of many that are needed.

Jute nailed it when we officially said we were voting no

Happy with that although I will hold off the real celebrations until they are confirmed having to apply to lowest rung of the ladder and are not being allowed to to apply to first division.

Looks like I'm back where I started. Honestly, Scottish fitba can go fuck itself. Oh, that's right, it's doing that as we speak.

Have to agree.

Can anyone explain how clubs can say they know nothing of this deal to allow Newco into division 1 yet this document comes from the SPL which is run by the clubs and was released ater a meeting at Hampden yesterday which all the clubs attended.

Have to agree.

Can anyone explain how clubs can say they know nothing of this deal to allow Newco into division 1 yet this document comes from the SPL which is run by the clubs and was released ater a meeting at Hampden yesterday which all the clubs attended.

As I said on the other  thread, this is pure cockwomble and, as I have stated in a further email to afc, if we get out of this bullshit the first thing to happen should be that prick getting told to fuck back off to where ever he came from.

afc are clearly opposed to this but the collateral damage will see afc and several other clubs go to the wall.

It seems I was wrong and you cynics were right, but at least our club is on the right side for once.  It'll break my heart but if this comes to pass I'll never enter another spl ground, including Pittodrie.

As I said on the other  thread, this is pure cockwomble and, as I have stated in a further email to afc, if we get out of this bullshit the first thing to happen should be that prick getting told to fuck back off to where ever he came from.

afc are clearly opposed to this but the collateral damage will see afc and several other clubs go to the wall.

It seems I was wrong and you cynics were right, but at least our club is on the right side for once.  It'll break my heart but if this comes to pass I'll never enter another spl ground, including Pittodrie.

THIS. This this this this this.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

I still don't believe for a second that any SFL clubs will vote for these proposals.

If they don't, and the SPL clubs do the right thing and back them, Cockwomble must not be allowed to show his face within our footballing community again.

If they don't, and the SPL teams fuck them over and follow through on the 'threats' thinly disguised in that letter, I will never spend another penny on supporting Aberdeen or any other SPL club, but will turn my support to an SFL club (in my case probably Morton), and encourage all others to do likewise, in the hope of replacing the SPL as the top division in Scotland, and running the Cockwomble out of our game.

If they do, somehow, vote for this...

I can't imagine any scenario where the SFL would actually vote for this.  I've no idea what I'd want to do, but I'm sure that whatever it is, Cockwomble being hounded out of Scotland would be the last of his worries.