Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Aberdeen v Ross County - Match Thread

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope too!

Question for anyone who has read official rules, .. are you allowed to get on a train before 9pm (with destination after 9pm) carrying alcohol (but not drinking any of it after 9pm?)

I think you can, you can have alcohol in your bag so long as you don't drink it or have it visibly showing after 9pm or before 10am.

Scotrail tweeted me last week saying that trains before football games will have alcohol bans more often now. I wondered if that is just between cities that the playing clubs are from or any train going to any city with a game on which arrives at the time that football fans are likely to arrive.

I think you can, you can have alcohol in your bag so long as you don't drink it or have it visibly showing after 9pm or before 10am.

Scotrail tweeted me last week saying that trains before football games will have alcohol bans more often now. I wondered if that is just between cities that the playing clubs are from or any train going to any city with a game on which arrives at the time that football fans are likely to arrive.

Folk heading up on the train before us so will try and find out what happens to them.

I'm sure it will just be trains between the towns/cities of the respective teams.....hopefully

Less than 3000 now.

However if GS is correct then they have taken a fair few off the website to sell on the day. Personally I think that would be a bit silly. Cant exactly be hard to close the Online sales 1hr before the turnstiles open and then pass on the remaining printed tickets to the sellers...can it?

I thought there was lots to be enthusiastic about. Hughes looked most impressive going forward, hope he can keep that up, looked composed on the ball and had a bit of flair at times. Osboure played the best I've seen him play and if he can keep that up would solve the right back problem. Defence looked solid again for most part. Young Ryan Fraser looked good coming on, delivered the ball far better than Hayes did who was poor in that sense.

I think there was enough there to hopefully keep some fans for the next home game, on another day it was a comfortable 3-0 and everyone is happy

There was certainly no lack of effort or passion, we're just not clinical enough in front of goal.

Positives ... Osbourne, Considine, Hughes and Fraser all looked great. Wasn't the best I've seen from Jack, but he has a touch of class about him and I think we'll do well to keep him for the season. Great to see Anderson again.

Negatives ... Bizarre first half formation.  Lack of ambition in the first half, particularly down the left where nobody was willing to have a go at that donkey Tokely - we should have been taking him to the cleaners.  Disappointed not to see Milsom.

We look solid, but failing to win at home against RC is really not acceptable.

We struggled going forward, so why is Milsom still missing?

Brown is doing my nut in. We really needed something to change, it was quite clear from fairly early on we were unlikely to score.

Solid but negative. I don't mind being hard to beat, that's fine and dandy but we don't much look like winning either.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Board have given Brown tools to make us more attack minded but he still put the team out not to lose rather than look to win.